Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this damn cat is driving me ****ing crazy.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
Dont get me wrong i love the cat.
But she pees on EVERYTHING. Couches, carpet, papers on a desk...
It is driving me bat shit crazy and if i cant get her to stop we are going to have to find somewhere else for her to go because we are having a baby and we cant have her peeing on baby things.
I would feel terrible. She is a sweet cat but finding a good home for a 6 year old cat that pees on stuff would be damn near impossible. Id rather find a way to fix the problem so she can stay with us, ive had her since she was a kitten. She didnt always pee on stuff, just in the last year she has started.
Any suggestions? Please help im desperate and i dont want to get rid of my kitty
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Have you taken her to the vet??
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Thats disgusting and I couldn't deal with that. is the cat fixed? Did you take it to the vet to see if it has a uti?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Yeah she has a chronic hairball problem so we have taken her many times for that and asked the vet and he cant figure it out. She is spayed

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Have you taken her to the vet??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Shes been to the vet a bunch for a chronic hairball problem and the vet cant find anything wrong with her besides that that would make her pee on stuff. We think it might be because she hates our dog? She is spayed

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Thats disgusting and I couldn't deal with that. is the cat fixed? Did you take it to the vet to see if it has a uti?

Dippydoomomof2
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Have you tried a different litter box or maybe a different kind of litter? My moms cat did this and she just wanted a new box.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
casah4
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Have you tried the pheromone plug-ins? Like Comfort Zone with Feliway? They're kind of pricey, but if the peeing is due to stress, it could help. I had a cat that peed outside of the box a LOT, but once we started using the plug-ins, he stopped.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Where do you get them? We think she might be peeing because she hates the dog. So it might be a stress thing

Quoting casah4:

Have you tried the pheromone plug-ins? Like Comfort Zone with Feliway? They're kind of pricey, but if the peeing is due to stress, it could help. I had a cat that peed outside of the box a LOT, but once we started using the plug-ins, he stopped.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Tried a new box and it got worse, but havent tried new litter. Good idea thank you

Quoting Dippydoomomof2:

Have you tried a different litter box or maybe a different kind of litter? My moms cat did this and she just wanted a new box.

casah4
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I know Petsmart carries them.  I believe you can order them from Amazon, too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Where do you get them? We think she might be peeing because she hates the dog. So it might be a stress thing

Quoting casah4:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Thank you ill try them
Im willing to try anything short of putting diapers on her at this point haha

Quoting casah4:

I know Petsmart carries them.  I believe you can order them from Amazon, too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting casah4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)