Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you pick out your own anniversary gift?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

I am sad to admit that we do. lol My poor hubby has always bought things that break me out like perfume, jewelry with the wrong medal, or things that are the wrong size and I NEVER have a clue what to buy him bc he usually wants a game or computer parts. So after 2 yrs of awkward gift giving we agreed to buy our own gift. So for our 5th wedding anniversary my hubby wanted to buy me a ring with a diamond bc my original engagement ring was fake, but he didn't know what to buy me so he asked me to picked one out. I could not find one I liked so I looked at Kay's one more time and found this (well made this) little lovely. I am soooo excited to find a ring that really symbolizes the 5 yrs we have spent together. So this is the ring, the blue stone is my DH birthstone so beside it, it says "my love" and the topaz is my daughter's birthstone so beside it, it say "my life" :) I am soooo in love with this ring!

Sooo, do you and HD buy each  others gift or do you buy your own?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SommelierMom
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
We always go a vacation for anniversary, so I guess I kind of pick it out.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Quoting SommelierMom:

Mom2jngnc
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

No, we don't really exchange for our anniversary. Usually we go to lunch while the kids are at school some place that I have a coupon for. 

I did pick out my 10 yr anniversary ring that the jeweler stopped carrying when our anniversary hit. He kept checking and I got it for my 11 yr when they carried it again (or had it in stock), now I am searching for my 20 yr.

NatesMyBoy
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:21 PM

We don't, and have never bought expensive gifts.  Like for our 6th anniversary the traditional gift is wood, he got me an old-fashioned broom and he got a toothpick container.... they are silly things.  this year is our 7th anniversary and the traditional gifts are wool and copper.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

We decided on the 5 yr marks for the "big" gifts. That is a really neat idea, we never come up with neat stuff like that! 

Quoting NatesMyBoy:

We don't, and have never bought expensive gifts.  Like for our 6th anniversary the traditional gift is wood, he got me an old-fashioned broom and he got a toothpick container.... they are silly things.  this year is our 7th anniversary and the traditional gifts are wool and copper.

Leissaintexas
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

We usually do something for the two of us together. Like buy new bedding (then break it in lol)  or take an overnight trip, or something we can both use. We don't generally exchange gifts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:25 PM

We are hoping to do a cruse for our 10 yr.

Quoting SommelierMom:

sharonsolo
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this
We never exchange gifts for anniversary. I do have him give me the money for my birthday and Mother day gift
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:26 PM

We usually buy stuff for the house. Last yr it was a living room set and the yr before was out bedroom set. 

Quoting Leissaintexas:

We usually do something for the two of us together. Like buy new bedding (then break it in lol)  or take an overnight trip, or something we can both use. We don't generally exchange gifts.

balagan_imma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't exchange gifts. We go out for a nice dinner without the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)