Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I haven't seen my son in 4 years

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies

I put my son in reform school when he was 13. He is now 17. 

PI put him in reform school because I found out he was molesting his little sister. He's supposed to come home once he turns 18, but I'm scared. I don't know what he'll feel or do. I'm also not sure if i trust him.

can someone help?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM
I dont know what to say to this post
LovemyQ
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Haven't you even visited?

LectioDivina
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I think you probably sailed that ship...I guess find a way for him to have an awesome college experience at a dorm...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM
3 moms liked this

No contact at all in 4 years? My guess is that it's going to be REALLY awkward. Besides shipping him off to reform school, has he had ANY therapy? A strict school doesn't erase a sick mind, he probably still is in desperate need of mental help. I guess I'd just see how things go while NEVER allowing him to be unsupervised at any time. Hell, I'd get cameras for the house and worry that he was going to murder me in my sleep or something. You dumped him and haven't seen him in 4 years, the boy might just be a tad bitter.

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Can someone that young be rehabilitated?
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Does he even want to see you when he turns 18?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:11 PM

No. I don't know how to forgive.

Quoting LovemyQ:

Haven't you even visited?

Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Why don't you start by going to visit him?  Have you not had any regular communications with him while he was at school???  He's your SON!  I pray you didn't royally screw your relationship with him.  Very sad situation.

Quoting Anonymous:

I put my son in reform school when he was 13. He is now 17. 

PI put him in reform school because I found out he was molesting his little sister. He's supposed to come home once he turns 18, but I'm scared. I don't know what he'll feel or do. I'm also not sure if i trust him.

can someone help?

michellej428
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:12 PM

ditto...

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

I dont know what to say to this post

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Yes.ni paid for the best therapists. I love my son, but I can't seem to forgive because my daughter is permanently damaged

Quoting Anonymous:

No contact at all in 4 years? My guess is that it's going to be REALLY awkward. Besides shipping him off to reform school, has he had ANY therapy? A strict school doesn't erase a sick mind, he probably still is in desperate need of mental help. I guess I'd just see how things go while NEVER allowing him to be unsupervised at any time. Hell, I'd get cameras for the house and worry that he was going to murder me in my sleep or something. You dumped him and haven't seen him in 4 years, the boy might just be a tad bitter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)