Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom hates me...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
At least it feels that way. She lets my kids eat garbage all day, not what I send. Gives them naps from 2pm-5pm, when I get home. They won't sleep until ten, and I am exhausted. I have to wake up at 5am. I yelled at the kids today and feel awful.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry :(

Any way you could arrange for other childcare?

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:12 PM

she doesn't hate you, she either thinks you're doing it wrong, or that she has carte blanche because she's grandma.  unfortunately, if you're forced to rely on her for daycare you might just have to bite your tongue.

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Disagree about the tongue biting. SHE is not the parent, the op is.

Quoting ff-princess:

she doesn't hate you, she either thinks you're doing it wrong, or that she has carte blanche because she's grandma.  unfortunately, if you're forced to rely on her for daycare you might just have to bite your tongue.

zoegirlsmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Grandmas don't always make the best babysitters.

Nicolekathryn12
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Agree

Quoting zoegirlsmom:

Grandmas don't always make the best babysitters.

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:29 PM

if she's not reliant on her mother, then you're right.  she's the mom, it's her decision, and she can take her children elsewhere for care if her mom gets upset and defensive, no big deal.

if she doesn't, if she has no other care available, then it's a matter of choosing your battles.  do you put your foot down knowing that it's going to create a rift, or do you swallow it down and work that much harder to be able to support yourself and your family fully, without assistance from anyone? 

I was in the position when I was younger when I didn't have the option to choose (on a different, but similar topic).  if I wanted a roof over mine and my child's head, which I wasn't able to provide totally on my own at the time, then there were things that just had to be tolerated until I could be independent.  it sucked, and it caused long-term damage, but the alternative of sleeping on the street with my toddler was unthinkable. 

Quoting Aslen:

Disagree about the tongue biting. SHE is not the parent, the op is.

Quoting ff-princess:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)