Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

young kids haircuts???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
I never understand why parents (mostly with little girls) get their hair cut when they barely have any????i will not be touching dds hair unless its a trim. but little girls who barely have enough to put in a pony tail,why rush?? To each their own i just dont understand it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:37 PM

My DD didn't get her first hair cut (trim) until she was 5 years old.

spunky946
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I cut dd's hair to even it up.  

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't know. My dd has always had long hair and never gets more than a trim.

Prissy_Gurl
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I'm letting my daughter's hair grow out, she will not be getting a hair cut when school starts.  Now my three boys get their hair cut every two weeks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Thats a good age! I just dont get when people cut 1,2and 3 year olds hair.let it grow!!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

ColieO
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:41 PM
To even it. My daughter's hair grew on top first, almost a perfect Mohawk lol, then the rest grew in. In the back she had one long straggly piece that was 2 inches longer than anywhere else. When my 5 year old chopped one of her pigtails off, I finally gave in and now she has bangs and a cute bob.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjsmama0206
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:41 PM
I cut DDs hair when she was a baby because I had to even it out, the top grew but the sides didn't she had a toupee look going on. I kept it long enough for pigtails and a sprout on top but kept it trimmed. Now at 8 she has hair almost down to her butt because she likes it long
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1plustwinsmommy
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:41 PM
All 3 of my girls have long hair. Well, my oldest cut hers shoulder length at age 10, but it's grown out since then. I love long hair. My mom always cut mine short and I wanted long hair.
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Depends on the kid. My DD has very fine hair. My nieces have extremely thick hair and they NEEDED to have it cut starting at around 1 years old.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats a good age! I just dont get when people cut 1,2and 3 year olds hair.let it grow!!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Oh yea ds gets his hair cut at least once a month but with boys thats expected lol i dont want to have to do more then my dds hair :)

Quoting Prissy_Gurl:

I'm letting my daughter's hair grow out, she will not be getting a hair cut when school starts.  Now my three boys get their hair cut every two weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)