Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adults living off parents...

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:51 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am just stuck in my house without much to do. My friend does all threse things and smokes pot. He lives of his mother with his girlfriend and I am paying off bills with my husband. So we see a movie once a month. Which is good.

I just wish I could have lived off of my parents a little longer. Not really, but I guess I should say I wished I waited a little longer before I moved out.

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:54 PM
My husband and i hit a hard spot and seprated for afew weeks. In those few weeks we lost our house. We are now living with myparents with our3kids. We however will pay rent.
idee
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I got a job as an assistant manager at some randon candy store and moved out at 19. My mom wanted me to take my time and enjoy my youth. I wish I would have listened. NOw I am 36 and WIshed I could just not pay rent like my friend and his girlfriend, then I could travel and spend my time doing fun things.

I am talking about people who never left! He is very nice, but never pays rent. I have a good job and his mom always messages me on facebook to take him off of her hands.

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband and i hit a hard spot and seprated for afew weeks. In those few weeks we lost our house. We are now living with myparents with our3kids. We however will pay rent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:02 PM

We don't necessarily "live off" parents, but we live with them. We can't afford our own place because rent is high (enough that you could pay off a house with the same money - except you have to have worked full time for 2 full years + 1 day in order to qualify for a house loan) and we were only able to get part time jobs. We're paying off credit cards (we used them for school books and had to get a cash advance once in order to pay rent before we moved back in with DH's dad). However, we try to help when we can: sharing the cost of food, doing housework/yardwork, helping with chores, paying for our gas, paying for our truck etc. We also have 2 cats and 1 dog, which we cover the costs of.

Money is tight and it's hard to find jobs here, we've been lucky to each get a part time job (maybe 10 hours a week, but it's money).

idee
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:05 PM

I can understand that. No I am talking of a pot head who never has motivation to change. He dates young girls who thinks he's cool, (as he would say Kewl), and brings them to his mom's house. Once they get serious he tells them they have to get a job to support him.

He is my parent's god son, no other relation, but I talk to him because it is entertaining. Plus I am good friends with his mom.

Quoting Anonymous:

We don't necessarily "live off" parents, but we live with them. We can't afford our own place because rent is high (enough that you could pay off a house with the same money - except you have to have worked full time for 2 full years + 1 day in order to qualify for a house loan) and we were only able to get part time jobs. We're paying off credit cards (we used them for school books and had to get a cash advance once in order to pay rent before we moved back in with DH's dad). However, we try to help when we can: sharing the cost of food, doing housework/yardwork, helping with chores, paying for our gas, paying for our truck etc. We also have 2 cats and 1 dog, which we cover the costs of.

Money is tight and it's hard to find jobs here, we've been lucky to each get a part time job (maybe 10 hours a week, but it's money).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I lived with my parents while in my 20's while I was in college & working. Moving out & having my own space is worth every penny. I don't mind being broke because I live on my own & love my independance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)