Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas shopping..yep I went there

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
So I am one of those moms who has finished my christmas shopping and wrapping by halloween!

Yes - I am a bit obsessed with christmas but this year its very important for me to be done early. I am due with baby boy on november 2nd so I will get my last paycheck november 8th. Both of my kids have winter birthdays ( november 9th and december 22nd) so its a busy time of year.. plus dhs birthday is november 2nd ( yes baby is due on daddies birthday)

So I started shopping!!

I got my son two black and decker tool sets ( a measuring set and a screw driver set) for a dollar each. I also got him army guys two sets at a dollar each. I picked up a marvel super heros xbox gane for 6.99 at game stop too.

For my step daughter I got her a jewelry making set at 3 dollars on clearance sale, a daddies girl tote bag for 4 dollars and 2 movies ( cinderella 2 and cinderellas christmas) for 2 dollars a piece.

This weekend I am making a giant batch of homemade play doh and sealing it in babyfood jars - im making about 24 jars which will cost about 6 dollars. Lli got a set of 101 cookie cutters on clearance sale for 2 dollars after last christmas. Ill get 2 rolling pins from the dollar tree. Put a bag of old buttons in there and some other trinkets .. this will be a gift for both of them.

I am putting sd together a princess kit - with hairbows, lip gloss, sparkle hair spray, nail polish etc. All items found at the dollar store.

Im putting ds together a science kit with supplies for 5 different science experiments and a science noteboom to record his findings. Again - dollar store items.

Both kids will get a few random things between now and when the baby is born and they will each get one big gift.

I try to get about 15 gifts for each kid under the tree.

So - have you started shopping??
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Nope haven't started BUT...i just may, given that I have a baby due in Oct. and getting it down now sounds like a really good idea...

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Yes I have. I will buy little by little each month. My oldest sons gift of that new Xbox one (i think that is it) won't be available until Nov 30, so obviously I have to wait on that.

piesmama09
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I start every year in June. It's not that I'm super organized or anything it's just so much less stressful to spread it out over six months, same with school supplies and such.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Lol I have no desire to be out shopping post partum

Quoting Mamabear010:

Nope haven't started BUT...i just may, given that I have a baby due in Oct. and getting it down now sounds like a really good idea...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:58 PM
I am so excited about the xbox 1. My kid has the 360 and the 360 game prices are going to go down now lol! You have it reserved right??

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Yes I have. I will buy little by little each month. My oldest sons gift of that new Xbox one (i think that is it) won't be available until Nov 30, so obviously I have to wait on that.

Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol I have no desire to be out shopping post partum

Quoting Mamabear010:

Right? Especially with a newborn, a toddler, the cold and Christmas rush. Plus, I'll possibly be recovering from a C-section and hernia repair...

Ewwww!

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:59 PM

No, why, should I reserve it now?Also, can his old xbox 360 games work with the new system?

Quoting Anonymous:

I am so excited about the xbox 1. My kid has the 360 and the 360 game prices are going to go down now lol! You have it reserved right??

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Im the same way. Plus I am ridiculously obsessed with christmas and birthdays. :)

Quoting piesmama09:

I start every year in June. It's not that I'm super organized or anything it's just so much less stressful to spread it out over six months, same with school supplies and such.

MariannLws
by Mariann on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Awesome! I am not the only one who Christmas Shops all year and is finished around Halloween. 

Mom2Boys9501
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Yes I got my oldest an army piggy bank and my youngest a batman piggy bank. Other than that nothing but I have been saving $10 a week for Christmas since Dec. 21st. Will buy them gifts as I find them and only have to take it out of the already budgeted money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)