Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking Mamas.. Or anyone who might know! Lol.

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM
  • 15 Replies

OK so my Dad's Birthday was Sunday. I FORGOT! :( So I'm trying to think of something to make it up to him. I thought about making him a belated birthday cake but I'm in FL and he's in IN. I need to know if it's possible. I've heard of people shipping baked good before. It wouldn't be a full cake obviously because he lives my himself anyways. I thought maybe just a big slice of chocolate cake with amazing fudge icing. I know my Grandma sends us fudge around Christmas time but I wasn't sure about cake. Should I do something else or will it work? And if it will be ok what do I put it in? Just regular tupperware?

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadowspirit07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:15 PM

What about ordering a cake at a bakery in IN and having it delivered? If you want to make it, cake is good to travel in a tupperwear style container with the lid taped down with a strong tape. Mark the box "fragile" and have "this end up" with arrows. It'll take a couple of days to send (unless you spend the extra for faster shipping).

Love is Friendship caught on Fire

Fur babies: Onyx (cat), Tigger (cat), Clara (dog)

wedding tickers

GibsonSD92
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:16 PM
You should send him something from edible arrangements if you can afford it. They're soooo delicious. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TCup18
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:17 PM

I could look into that. I don't know if anyone delivers but maybe I could order one and have my Grandma pick it up.

Quoting shadowspirit07:

What about ordering a cake at a bakery in IN and having it delivered?

KennyPooPoo22
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Try cookies or Brownies, cake doesn't hold up well being tossed around by FedEx
baileyquarters
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this
If you go on 1800 flowers, they have gift basket stuff too. Cookies, brownies, popcorn, etc
TCup18
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:19 PM

IDK if he would eat it. I know he loves sweets but I'm not sure about the fruit. Lol. Plus I would be worried about it going bad too fast. Like I said he lives alone so there's nobody there to help him finish it.

Quoting GibsonSD92:

You should send him something from edible arrangements if you can afford it. They're soooo delicious. :)

TCup18
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:20 PM

OK thank you for the advice.

Quoting KennyPooPoo22:

Try cookies or Brownies, cake doesn't hold up well being tossed around by FedEx

GibsonSD92
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Boo lol I'd rather have chocolate covered fruit than cake. ;) But I do like the idea of ordering him a cake and having it delivered or your grandma picking it up. I'm sure he's just going to be delighted to get anything. Most parents are right? Lol.

Quoting TCup18:

IDK if he would eat it. I know he loves sweets but I'm not sure about the fruit. Lol. Plus I would be worried about it going bad too fast. Like I said he lives alone so there's nobody there to help him finish it.

Quoting GibsonSD92:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KennyPooPoo22
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Just FYI because I learned this the hard way. It doesn't matter what is written on it unless its the official postal stamp. They dont have to, and dont look at if it doesnt have the postal one. Stupid, I know.

Quoting shadowspirit07:

What about ordering a cake at a bakery in IN and having it delivered? If you want to make it, cake is good to travel in a tupperwear style container with the lid taped down with a strong tape. Mark the box "fragile" and have "this end up" with arrows. It'll take a couple of days to send (unless you spend the extra for faster shipping).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Do cake in a jar!

You bake the cake in a mason jar :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)