Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can someone take me through a csection? Eta

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 78 Replies
Step by step through a csection? I've already had one but I was asleep during it. What all goes on and what role will my husband play?

Eta- I'm having it tomorrow and I am beyond nervous.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ANGIE9958
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Sorry never had one. Here's a bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Bump
xoxRachelxox
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Never had one... bump

mweber
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:29 PM
My Dh stayed by my head until after baby came out then went to see baby. He came in after my spinal was done
nelliesmommy
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Never had one. Bump for you.

Blue11
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I was there for my sister when she had her c-section.  She was asleep and already cut open when they allowed me in the room.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM
How long does it take to get sewn back up? How do they get the placenta and all out?

Quoting mweber:

My Dh stayed by my head until after baby came out then went to see baby. He came in after my spinal was done

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mweber
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Honestly, after they got him out they have me something in my iv to make me relax and I don't remember anything after that. I woke up in recovery. They manually get the placenta out before sewing you up but I'm not sure how long it takes. Dh said it wasn't that long. It's all over very very quickly
Anonandon
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Mine was kind of rushed and crazy, so I'll remember as best I can (I wasn't expecting a baby that day, so I was pretty freaked). They gave me a spinal - made me lay on my side and curl up in a ball, which sucked being hugely pregnant. Then they covered my arms with towels (made me promise I wouldn't move or they'd strap my arms down). Then after about 10 minutes they started the touch test to see if I was numb. They started at my toes and went up to my ribcage. Then when they knew I was numb, the doctor cut and the baby was out then the placenta, all really fast. I thought it'd take longer. Then she stitched me up and put the glue on my incision and I was taken back to recovery for a bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Proud dad? My DH just stood there until DD was born. They talk you through everything you might feel, and it's very simple. I just recommend you wait to get your catheter put in. I had one a few times before, but it hurts like heck when baby is pushing on it a while beforehand. That pain made me nervous when there was no reason to be. I was also in a medically induced coma before/after my first csection so I didn't know what to expect. It was pretty easy though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN