Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kid is a jerk. Is this normal???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I have a 2 and a half yr old son who is wild and rough. I teach him to be gentle, to play nice. That it's ok to be angry but it's not ok to hit, kick, throw things, scream, etc. when mad. It's like I'm talking to a wall. He gets soo mad sometimes, like ridiculously mad over small things. I feel like in the last month he has gotten more angry.
Anyone else have an angry 2 yr old? Should I take him to a psychologist or is this behavior normal?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Bump
CrossStitchMum
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:05 AM

My DS4 is like this. Instead of getting upset over something, he gets angry. We are getting him tested now, as he also has speech delay as well as other problems

PookaboosMom
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Idk but here's a bump.

My 1.5 year old is a rough little brute with a short temper (he's a red head lol). But he also is a little lovey sweetheart. I always say that he remind me of the sour patch kids commercials (first they're sour then they're sweet) because he will get mean and hurt my six year old but once he realizes it he goes and hugs and kisses her.
robyann
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I'd say since he is only 2 that this behavior could be normal. 2 year olds are just beginning to seperate themselves from their mom. They aren't always able to express their thoughts and feelings verbally and this causes them a lot of frustration. When he starts to get real upset, sit with him on the floor and talk to him calmly trying to give him words for what he's feeling. Validate his feelings and tell him you understand and offer some solutions for what ever he's upset about. He is 2-1/2 you said, so the closer he gets to 3 the more he'll understand and learn to express himself in more appropriate ways. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)