Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help, please don't bash

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

I have had one hell of a past few months. My DH left me for another woman, he didn't file for divorce or anything, he just left. We lived in an apartment, so when the rent came due and I didn't have the money to pay it, we had to move out. He took all the money. I have no money to file for divorce or to take him to court but I am working with child support enforcement to find him and get a temporary child support order in place. I have a 4 year old DD and I am 22 weeks pregnant and I am on restricted activity. Even if I was allowed to work, it would be damn hard to find a job that would hire me at 22 weeks, I have not worked since high school.

I am staying with my mom and her boyfriend. Here is the problem, they are splitting up and he is not taking it well (he cheated and is livid that she won't just forgive him). Because it is both of their home, she can't kick him out or change the locks or anything, this was explained to us by the police, who we have had to call out several times because he will get so mad he will get drunk, yell scream and throw things around. I keep my child in our room but she is NOT safe here, neither am I. However, I have no money to get my own place. I have filed for food stamps and WIC and that should provide us all the food we need but I have no money for a place to live.

Is there some kind of social service program that would get us a place to get us out of this dangerous situation?

BTW, I know that when we do go to court, my ex is going to get the book thrown at him more then likely, but that doesn't help me right now.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Look into women shelters in your town. They often are a huge help and can help get you situated.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:06 PM

And before someone asks, I have literally no where else. My best friend lives across the country, I can't take the kids out of state plus I have no money,of  my other 2 clothes friends one lives in a 1 bedroom with her DH and their 2 kids and the other has her mom living with her and her DH and their 3 kids in a 3 bedroom, and my grandparents live in a retirement home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Thank you, I will look into that

Quoting Retrokitty:

Look into women shelters in your town. They often are a huge help and can help get you situated.

MySweetRemix
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Is their home a rental or do they own it?

mysticmom90
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Salvation Army

username123
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:08 PM
I'm sorry.

What an asshole your ex is! Find a pro bono divorce attorney...? Legal aid???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:09 PM

They both own it. The police officer said that if she changed the locks to keep him out, he could have her arrested.

Quoting MySweetRemix:

ColieO
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:09 PM
You can get court fees waived and a court appointed lawyer in situations like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MySweetRemix
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Yeah, then tough situation.....  Sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

They both own it. The police officer said that if she changed the locks to keep him out, he could have her arrested.

Quoting MySweetRemix:

ANSnyder
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Good luck. I live in MO and I am pretty sure they have free apartments or houses for people in your situation however I don't know if things like utilities are included or if you have to pay for those yourself. You might qualify for cash relief along with the fs and wic. If you have a computer try finding a job you could work from home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)