Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Going to the beach tomorrow. WooHoo!

Posted by   + Show Post

Tomorrow we are taking the kids to the beach! I'm so excited because I know they're going to have so much fun. My oldest talks about the beach all of the time although hasn't been in probably...over 2 yrs (he's 3) so he wouldn't even remember being there. My youngest has never been. We are taking a small cooler with lots of drinks and snacks and they each have buckets filled with beach toys. We haven't told them where we are going, it'll be a surprise when we arrive. I know this is kind of a lame post lol, but I just wanted to share my excitement 

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Replies (21-29):
2ArfarasMom
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Thank you!

Awww well at least he had fun! My oldest ds isn't so much of a water baby. He loves being in the tub but doesn't want water splashed on him and doesn't want water to tough his head lol. My youngest ds....complete opposite. He is the water baby, he wants to be dunked, he wants to splash like there's no tomorrow. When we take him to  a theme park with a kids water play area -- we cannot pry him away from the water lol. So,we'll see how tomorrow goes 

Quoting Nika87:

I just went to the beach Sunday for my son second birthday; that was his little party. My son didn't care for the water too much but he enjoyed the playground and the sand; me on the other hand, you couldn't get me out the water for nothing..... I love the water!!!!

Hope you and the kids enjoy!!

Nika87
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Your oldest sounds exactly like my son...lol

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

Thank you!

Awww well at least he had fun! My oldest ds isn't so much of a water baby. He loves being in the tub but doesn't want water splashed on him and doesn't want water to tough his head lol. My youngest ds....complete opposite. He is the water baby, he wants to be dunked, he wants to splash like there's no tomorrow. When we take him to  a theme park with a kids water play area -- we cannot pry him away from the water lol. So,we'll see how tomorrow goes 

Quoting Nika87:

I just went to the beach Sunday for my son second birthday; that was his little party. My son didn't care for the water too much but he enjoyed the playground and the sand; me on the other hand, you couldn't get me out the water for nothing..... I love the water!!!!

Hope you and the kids enjoy!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:17 AM
How old are your kids? Mine are 14, 11, 8 and one on the way. It is easy to take them because they are older and can do things without me standing over them. Once we have the new baby it will be a lot harder to go as often. Oops didn't mean to hit anon.

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

That's great, I'd like to start taking them more often. We have talked about it for awhile but you know how it goes, things come up, you get busy and....... But I feel bad that we haven't gone bc I know they'll have so much fun so I'm glad we are going tomorrow!

Quoting hisgirl616:

I love taking the kids to the beach. We live about 20 minutes from the beach and try to go a few times a week depending on the weather.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2ArfarasMom
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Wow you're starting all over. Congratulations, that's very exciting! My kids are 1 1/2 and just turned 3 so mommy and daddy will be on their toes tomorrow lol. Not much relaxing for us :)

Quoting Anonymous:

How old are your kids? Mine are 14, 11, 8 and one on the way. It is easy to take them because they are older and can do things without me standing over them. Once we have the new baby it will be a lot harder to go as often.

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

That's great, I'd like to start taking them more often. We have talked about it for awhile but you know how it goes, things come up, you get busy and....... But I feel bad that we haven't gone bc I know they'll have so much fun so I'm glad we are going tomorrow!

Quoting hisgirl616:

I love taking the kids to the beach. We live about 20 minutes from the beach and try to go a few times a week depending on the weather.

hisgirl616
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Thanks and yes we are starting over. Surprise! I can't believe we will have a high schooler and a newborn. We are excited though. Have fun tomorrow!

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

Wow you're starting all over. Congratulations, that's very exciting! My kids are 1 1/2 and just turned 3 so mommy and daddy will be on their toes tomorrow lol. Not much relaxing for us :)

Quoting Anonymous:

How old are your kids? Mine are 14, 11, 8 and one on the way. It is easy to take them because they are older and can do things without me standing over them. Once we have the new baby it will be a lot harder to go as often.

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

Quoting hisgirl616:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2ArfarasMom
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Lol well I can't think of a better kind of surprise! And thank you, we will :)

Quoting hisgirl616:

Thanks and yes we are starting over. Surprise! I can't believe we will have a high schooler and a newborn. We are excited though. Have fun tomorrow!

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

Quoting hisgirl616:

dallascowboys82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Please be careful! My mom just had a heat stroke. She is very sick, I have to keep taking her body temp. Using ice under her arms, in between her thighs, an tons of fluid. She has already had two IV's.
Don't wanna scare you but just letting people know..don't stay out to long and please keep putting the sun block.
2ArfarasMom
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Wow, that's awful. I'm so sorry, I hope she gets better soon! And thank you for your concern. I constantly reapply sunscreen, constantly! And we will have plenty of water and drinks. The beach that I'm going to has palm trees spread throughout so I plan to sit us under one of those to block a little bit of the sun. We won't be out there all that long, no longer than when they play on the playground. I'm just excited to be going for a bit because I know they'll love it. Anyway I truly appreciate your concern, I share your same concerns and again I'm so sorry to hear about your mom!

Quoting dallascowboys82:

Please be careful! My mom just had a heat stroke. She is very sick, I have to keep taking her body temp. Using ice under her arms, in between her thighs, an tons of fluid. She has already had two IV's.
Don't wanna scare you but just letting people know..don't stay out to long and please keep putting the sun block.

dallascowboys82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Thanks, I am up every couple hours. I am following doctors orders to a T. They wanted to admit her but she hasn't met her deductible yet. So I asked the doctor tons of questions, and luckily my mother in law is a wound care nurse, so she has been stopping by and putting the cream and dressing on so I don't risk her getting a worse infection.

But have fun!! And take plenty of pictures!

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

Wow, that's awful. I'm so sorry, I hope she gets better soon! And thank you for your concern. I constantly reapply sunscreen, constantly! And we will have plenty of water and drinks. The beach that I'm going to has palm trees spread throughout so I plan to sit us under one of those to block a little bit of the sun. We won't be out there all that long, no longer than when they play on the playground. I'm just excited to be going for a bit because I know they'll love it. Anyway I truly appreciate your concern, I share your same concerns and again I'm so sorry to hear about your mom!

Quoting dallascowboys82:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)