Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im the worst mom in the world...................i didnt know this was happening!! ETA new information

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 280 Replies

i have been crying since last night. DD is 7 and her 6 year old cousin has been touching her private parts. DD is so scared that her little cousin is going to get in trouble. CPS said they are going to send an investigator to my nieces house to see what she has to say about why she did it. i called cps because i didnt know what else to do. these are little girls who are cousins and their grandma always let them play together in the cousins room. 

my MIL has custody of both of my nieces because their parents signed over their rights. 

i feel like the worst mom in the world because this happened. im supposed to protect my child and i had no idea i had to protect her from her little cousin in this way. is there anything else i can do other than what i have done and keep her away from her cousin?

This did not happen at my house and i still feel like a horrible mom.

ETA: 

No i do not believe my DD started this.Further questioning of the mother and father who have given up their rights, have shown that every child that was in their house was sexually abused. did this come up from my niece being molested when she was 2 by her 12 year old brother? possibly. is it possible that someone new is abusing her and she is acting it out on my DD? possibly. With the history that has been revealed, I DO NOT BELIEVE FOR A SECOND IT WAS CHILDREN EXPLORING. My dh and I have always told my kids the difference between whats an okay touch(drs, having to be cleaned by a family member(adult) and whats not okay. I choose to believe my DD. I am very thankful for those who are showing support. For the ones saying, its just kids being kids, i strongly disagree.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:49 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:54 PM

BUMP!

momof2girls220
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:56 PM
33 moms liked this

i think i would be more worried about what is going on with the cousin that makes her think that is okay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:58 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes... I agree.
These kind of posts make me very uneasy.

Quoting momof2girls220:

i think i would be more worried about what is going on with the cousin that makes her think that is okay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:59 PM

im praying to God they find out what is going on with my niece. i just feel like i failed my daughter. this happened more than once. she told my dd not to tell................that scared the hell out of me. i know that means someone is hurting her. 

Quoting momof2girls220:

momof2girls220
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:00 AM
6 moms liked this

you didn't fail her. you had no way of knowing this was happening without her telling you.

i would be worried that somoene is touching her cousin.

Quoting Anonymous:

im praying to God they find out what is going on with my niece. i just feel like i failed my daughter. this happened more than once. she told my dd not to tell................that scared the hell out of me. i know that means someone is hurting her. 

Quoting momof2girls220:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:03 AM

thank you. i posted this here because other than my dh and my mom everyone thinks im over reacting. people keep saying its a form of exploring. my reaction.........................hell no its not.

Quoting momof2girls220:

you didn't fail her. you had no way of knowing this was happening without her telling you.

i would be worried that somoene is touching her cousin.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momof2girls220:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:04 AM
44 moms liked this
A lot of kids that age "play doctor" and then realize touching feels good so they keep doing it. It's not always due to abuse or something sexual. However those things do need to be ruled out and child needs to learn about good vs bad touch and that it's not ok to touch anyone else's privates.
robyann
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

this happening to your dd doesn't necessarily make you a bad mom, how you handle it from here will determine if your a bad mom or not. I can only imagine how this makes you feel and I am so sorry this has happened to your dd. Her cousin is very young which means someone has been touching her, she wouldn't have any way of knowing those things. 

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:04 AM

It would have been worse to have known and kept allowing it to happen.

Did it happen to you too?

I was told that it was harder for someone to know it is happening to their own child if it happened to them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN