Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My confession. I got my son's car seat from the side of the road.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

Way back when, before CM and the internet, I was a young 21 year old single mother of 2 kids. My oldest was 2 and I had a newborn. When that newborn out grew his infant car seat I didn't have the money to buy him one. I was driving down the road one day and saw this really nice car seat on the side of the road so I stopped and picked it up. I took it home and cleaned it up realgood and that is what my son used until he was old enough to get out of the car seat. I didn't know anything about expiring car seats. I just knew my son needed one. He's 15 now. Ok bash away if you feel it's necessary. And before anyone says it, this is NOT a troll post. I'm older and more educated now.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:57 PM
4 moms liked this

No bash here. You did what you had to do.  A used car seat is better than none.

sendsun
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:58 PM

I'm not going to bash, you do what you have to do.  Better that he was in a car seat than not!  But yeah, you'll get bashed by all the perfect moms!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Lol why does it matter 15 years later? Do you just want to start a shit storm debate over nothing?
missmamaof4
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:59 PM

As moms we do what we have to do.  I swear if i couldnt afford any type of carseat at all i would tape my kids to the seat lol.  

2ArfarasMom
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:00 AM

You were a young mom, didnt have a ton of money and probably didn't have a lot of knowledge about car seats and safety and whatnot. So you did what you had to do. I see no reason to bash. I'm sure if everyone were completely honest on here, we have all probably done something worse at one time or another lol. He obviously made it through since he's 15 now. No bashing here :)

SoInLove515
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:00 AM
atleast you put him in a car seat.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM

wolfybaby
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM

i am just glad to hear that back at that age, uneducated, new to parenting and safety, etc., that you were smart enough to actually use a carseat. :] 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:02 AM

You do what you have to do sometimes. No judgment from me, then again I am not one of those moms whose life revolves around a car seat.

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Better a used carseat than no careseat at all

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)