Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That b***h ignored me! RUDE!!!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 44 Replies

This is a common incident with me and sometimes I just feel so embarrassed. I confess, up until the past six years I hid at home to avoid being in public or going shopping unless I had my kids or hubby with me. WHY you ask?

Because when I go places go to check out or I drop something or Im looking at something and someone is saying EXCUSE ME... over and over Im ignoring them (not intentionally)....

I cannot count how many times I look up whatever Im doing and people are glaring at me or giving me that dirty look..... I realize yup they said something to me, oh shit im in the way, or damn they musta said something or I didnt hear them or....

I admit there is a few times I have done it, and I have seen people WITH their hearing purposely IGNORE or pretend they cannot hear you. I know this because later you see them communicating with someone suddenly they have their hearing... These people are assholes and make those like me with hearing loss or are deaf look bad.

So how many times I have you done this? Glared at someone for not responding????

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Trisha234
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM
I haven't been ignored like that, I guess. Good for you for getting out. It probably eventually occurs to them that you may be deaf. Eventually. You shouldn't feel like a jerk, though. They should.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:02 AM
3 moms liked this
How many posts are you gonig to make about this? Do you really need attention that bad?
thetrollcat
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:02 AM

it is embarrassing though especially like stores when I dont realize Im blocking someone or they are asking me to move and im like standing there like a snobby bitch LOL.

I have gotten better with telling cashiers right away I am deaf so that they know.... Sometimes Im just so tired Im out of it and they just stare at me and Im like sorry Im deaf....

Im always saying Im sorry .... sighs.... what am i sorry about?

Quoting Trisha234:

I haven't been ignored like that, I guess. Good for you for getting out. It probably eventually occurs to them that you may be deaf. Eventually. You shouldn't feel like a jerk, though. They should.

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

emandab
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I can't say I remember having that happen.  I always go around if someone is in my way at the store.  

thetrollcat
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:03 AM

you are so rude, maybe you should go to bed crabby cheese cake ass.

Quoting Anonymous:

How many posts are you gonig to make about this? Do you really need attention that bad?

momof2girls220
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

if i saw you in public i'd be a bitch to you too.

cwahtomy
Been ignored plenty of times. If they don't hear me I either just try and go around or go get my other items then come back. I don't think I've intentionally ignored anyone.
Mommy2b2many

I don't glare; unless they are obviously hearing; as in having a conversation with someone and ignoring my request to please move. Otherwise I just assume they didn't hear; and go around them; or wait for them to move.

thetrollcat
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:05 AM

why me? 

Quoting momof2girls220:

if i saw you in public i'd be a bitch to you too.

Sassy762
by 200 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Everyone has heard me so far, lol

IF I don't get their attention right away,then I will raise my already loud voice and say "Excuse ME" again. If I fail to get their attention after that.....then I will tap them on the shoulder.

I don't usually glare at people for something like that......Tapping the shoulder has always worked as a last resort, lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)