Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mother-In-Law's Momma's Boy-How Would You Deal With This Queen Bee? (This Is Definitely A Good Read!:)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 104 Replies

She is wicked, evil, self-centered, conniving and deceitful. She is my mother in law and she hates me and my kids. I have been ignored, disrespected, and treated like shit by my mother in law for years and I'm sick of it! My MIL is a widow and my husband is an only child. My MIL is OBSESSED with her son. She wants nothing to do with me and the kids, only with her son and it's always been like that. She will call our house, I'll answer the phone and she will immediately ask to speak with her son. She never asks how me or the kids are doing. She will show up at our house and only want to talk and see her son. She will call our house only when my husband is home from work, never during the day when He's at work and I'm the only one home. She will call him on his cell phone when he's at work and she knows damn well that he is not supposed to get calls when he's working unless it's an emergency. Every chance she gets, she wants to keep my husband to herself. If he goes to her house to fix something for her, she will seriously "keep" him there for hours! If we try to help her and be there for her, it's all about her son and me and the kids are disregarded. She has never been a grandma to our kids. She never spends time with them, they never receive birthday presents or Christmas presents from her. It's like they don't even have a grandma. It's really sad. Whenever we're with her, she always wants to be the center of attention. She will dictate how long we stay at her house and how long my husband stays on the phone with her which is usually a couple of hours everytime she calls. If we don't answer the phone when she calls, she will leave mean and vulgar messages on our voice mail. When we go to her house, she will take my husband to the back of the house and want to talk to him in private. It pisses me off! She puts guilt trips on him because she lives alone. She wants to move in with us but I don't want her controlling ass living with us! I have done everything I could to keep the piece throughout the years. I have bit my tongue for too long. I have tried to treat her with respect because she's my Husband's mom and I don't want to cause friction or get between their relationship. I have been dealing with her shit for way too long! I don't know what to do anymore. My husband has absolutely no backbone and he doesn't stick up for me. My husband has said that he loves his mother, but he also HATES her.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:55 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Same scenario here, my husband is also an only child.  The only difference is I have a just as Nasty FIL too. My husband will not stick up for me either so I decided to handle it myself, like an adult.  They have distanced themselves since I decided to speak up.  I don't need someone bringing me down or jeopardizing my marriage.  

JLS2388
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:00 AM
2 moms liked this

I would hang up on her when she calls, if she leaves vulgar messages, I would bring them to the police station and file a restraining order or at least a cease and desist order. You need to talk to your DH. Likely, he knows how bad she is he probably just feels guilty because she is all he has. But he needs to tell her that while he may be all she has, she is not all he has.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:31 AM

There were a couple of times she called when we were sleeping. it was late and i thought something was wrong so I picked up the phone. She said her son didn't call her that day and she wanted me to wake him up so that she could talk to him! I told her what? no, he's sleeping and she started to argue with me so I hung up on her. I have tried to stick up for myself but then I feel like if I do, she'll start with me and that will only cause problems between me and my husband and in turn between him and his mother. I think my husband doesn't know what to do because he loves both of us. 

Quoting JLS2388:

I would hang up on her when she calls, if she leaves vulgar messages, I would bring them to the police station and file a restraining order or at least a cease and desist order. You need to talk to your DH. Likely, he knows how bad she is he probably just feels guilty because she is all he has. But he needs to tell her that while he may be all she has, she is not all he has.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:49 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:22 AM

BUMP!

elitish
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Sorry, but it's your own fault for marrying a man with emotional incest issues with his mom. You know this behavior was present before your marriage.
GrinningCheese
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell hubby to go home to mommy and divorce him. if he doesn't have a backbone she'll be there soon and controlling things. Let her leave messages because then you can use them as ammunition on her mental stability later on to have her commited or to get a restraining order.

NorseGodessMom
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:31 AM
1 mom liked this

tell him he has to choose...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Ahh. Did you marry an italian or hispanic?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN