Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am i being a snob??????:(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
Ok..we have neighbors who ALWAYS want our kids to play together. There was a 4th of july bbq that all the neighbors attended and that was the first time they have ever actually played together.
They played one time after and thats it. Well im not fond of my kids playing with hers. Here are my reasons

They are constantly sick or coughing when i see them

They are always dirty and so is their house (when i mean their house is gross i cant even go in there!!!

everytime the older two (3 yo my ds and her dd) disagree or have a problem its always i need to correct my son or he does something to her daughter(when although i know my son is a handful)but i watch and its not always him its 50/50 between the two. He has a younger sister so he knows how to be around girls.idk its just getting to me. The little girl is one of those runs around in a diaper all day outside dirty with a binki in her mouth and hair a mess and her parents think its really funny to teach her curse words they think its hilariois. Im not trying to be judgemental but they constantly ask me and the kids to come over or outside while dh is at work and i really dont want to. Am i being snobby? Do i need to get over myself? I never thought id be like this but its driving me crazy!i know my kids are not perfect but i do teach them to behave and have manners and with them seeing a child act like that i know will give them ideas.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Maybe a little. But I'm the same way lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this

It might be a asthma cough. My kiddo gets them.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this

NO

I wouldn't allow my kids/grandkids around kids like this either. WHO tells you that you need to correct your son?... The parents???

Once would be enough for me to tell them ...to find some other playmates for their kids, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Im honestly not trying to be i just feel not so good being around them same with my kids i feel like its going to turn into a problem :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:58 AM
It's alright even if you were. I KNOW I am as far as that stuff is concerned. If you're not comfortable, you're not comfortable.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im honestly not trying to be i just feel not so good being around them same with my kids i feel like its going to turn into a problem :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:58 AM
No...she had to take her child to the e.r because they thought it was whooping cough..turned out to be some other sickness.my son has asthma i know what your talking about :)

Quoting Anonymous:

It might be a asthma cough. My kiddo gets them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Eh idk my sons always dirty in the summer until bed or if we're going out and hes around all girls, poor kid lol but the part that you always need to correct yours, not cool
tonesofhome
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:00 AM

yes

i didn't read

if you have to ask the answer is yes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Maybe but I don't blame you. The coughing, running around dirty and binky wouldn't bother me. But the behavior and language would be a BIG problem. Especially at that age, they are SO impressionable. If they were older not as big a deal but def not at 3 or 4. My ds is 5 and honestly, he wouldn't want to play with them. he knows bad behavior and language is not acceptable and when he's around kids or even adults that act inappropriately, he will ask to leave or go somewhere else. But I don't blame ya one bit mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes her mom. If her dd would start crying it would always be my sons fault even if she wasnt watching. Id be watching see it was her daughter starting problems and correct her. But i just cant bring myself to let them "hang" like that. I know im not rich or anyone important but i feel like i have a standard of children i want my kids around.

Quoting Sassy762:

NO

I wouldn't allow my kids/grandkids around kids like this either. WHO tells you that you need to correct your son?... The parents???

Once would be enough for me to tell them ...to find some other playmates for their kids, lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)