Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should someone who lies about their age be charged?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies

Poll

Question: Should there be a charge for the person lying about their age?

Options:

No, even in a bar/club the older person should check their ID and know the difference between real and fake ID even if the club couldn't tell the differnece

Yes, they lied and the older person didn't know

No, they(the older person and the younger) shouldn't be charged, but the minor's parents should be charged.

Yes the older person should be charged but so should the parents of the younger person

The ypunger person AND the parents of them should both be charged, but the older person should not

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 52

View Results

If a girl lies about her age and sleeps with an older man at a club/bar should he get in trouble for statutory rape or should she be charged with entrapment? (Obviously genders CAN be reversed be this is more common.)

A scenrio: In this case he'she (the older) has every right to assume the person is above 19. The minor is at a club/bar. Which means they fooled the bouncers with their fake ID. Since they fooled the bouncers, they can surely fool the attendants. Their ID claims they are 21 but they are actually 17. Eventually their mom/dad finds out and wants to press charges against the person they slept with (Who thought they were 21). Should the person they slept with be charged?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Yes, and if the mi or was somewhere they needed to lie about age to get in like a club/bar then the parents should also be charged
Anonandon
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:07 AM
It wouldn't be entrapment, but the underage person shouldn't get off Scott free. Although, this depends on how old the minor actually is as to what happens from there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Do you think the person (Who believed they were of legal age because of their id) who slept with them should be charged?

Quoting Anonandon:

It wouldn't be entrapment, but the underage person shouldn't get off Scott free. Although, this depends on how old the minor actually is as to what happens from there.

BellaByrdie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry but it depends on the case and the situation.

If a 30 year old man is banging a 15 year old girl (and vice versa) then he deserves what he gets.  And frankly I think a lot of the time its a cop out.  They knew they just didn't give a damn. 

Anonandon
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:11 AM
To some extent. I wouldn't say they should be charged with statutory rape or anything unless the minor was obviously underage and the older person was just going along with the lie because he/she was a perv.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you think the person (Who believed they were of legal age because of their id) who slept with them should be charged?

Quoting Anonandon:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:13 AM

In this case, as with many, he has every reason to believe she was 18+. She was in a club/bar.

Quoting Anonandon:

To some extent. I wouldn't say they should be charged with statutory rape or anything unless the minor was obviously underage and the older person was just going along with the lie because he/she was a perv.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonandon:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:15 AM

In this case he/she has every reason to believe he/she is 18+. The minor is in a club/bar. Which means they feel sure nobody under 18 can get in. If they can fool the bouncers with their fake ID, they can fool the attentands with their fake ID. So let's say this person has a fake ID, provides themselves as being 21 but they're actually 17 and sleeps with a 30 year old man. Their mom/dad finds out and wants to press charges. Should the man go to jail?

Quoting BellaByrdie:

I'm sorry but it depends on the case and the situation.

If a 30 year old man is banging a 15 year old girl (and vice versa) then he deserves what he gets.  And frankly I think a lot of the time its a cop out.  They knew they just didn't give a damn. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:16 AM
All parties involved should be charged

Teen, parents, and chomo
earthangel217
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Who checks a person's id before they sleep with them?  If there's any question the deed shouldn't be done.

ETA I voted that the minor is responsible.  

Anonandon
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:18 AM
In that case, I'd lean toward not then, IF the bar checks every ID (while I know IDs can be faked, if the bar checks, that's at least attempting to keep out underage kids). If it's a bar known to let in underage teens, then I would be suspicious of the older person.

Quoting Anonymous:

In this case, as with many, he has every reason to believe she was 18+. She was in a club/bar.

Quoting Anonandon:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonandon:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)