Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

There Is No Rape In Marriage. (Confession)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
3 moms liked this
WRONG. There is.

I've seen quite a few people posting confessions and stories about their experience, and I figured I could do the same as well!

I married my ex-husband after dating 9 months when I was 19. (I truthfully didn't want to marry him, but I had nowhere else to go) but I figured I could be content.
A few months after we married, we moved 400 miles away from my family to the area where his family lived.
I met his family a few times, and I later found out he was telling his family I hated them, and telling me that they hated me, so I wouldnt have any sort of relationship with them.
I had no family nearby, no friends, I was pregnant with my first child. I was becoming deeply unhappy, but I wanted our marriage to work. He was becoming increasingly violent. He would punch holes in the wall, and scream at me. It was all MY fault bscause I made him ao angry. I left him once, and came back a month later (because I still had no place to go, and I believed he wanted to change. For me, and for the baby.)

By the time I was 8 months pregnant, I was feeling broken, and guilty for being such a terrible wife. I needed to lose 30 lbs to be perfect, I needed to grow out my hair because I wasn't pretty enough with short hair. He called me a bitch EVERY single day, he would rant how I should be greatful for all that he does for me, and would throw things at me. A heavy wooden chair, a plate at my head. I never knew when he was going to freak out over something I had done. He threw the plate at my head because I asked him for a pair of tennis shoes because my feet hurt so bad, bit his $60 video game was more important.

I couldn't stand being around him. His scent, his stuff, he made me want to vomit. I did not want him around me, I couldn't even stand to kiss him without brushing my teeth afterwards.
I began making excuses why I couldn't have sex with him, until a few days later, he didn't take no for an answer after that.

When the police where called in for domestic violence, I truly realized the situation I was in. I was NOT going to bring my son into this world, I was going to be a good mother.

My mom was in a stable realationship, and in a steady home by now, so I began planning to move in with her. (My exhusband didn't have her new address)

My son was born, and I finally truly realized WHAT love was. Having him is like having my heart on the outside of my body.
My exhusband had NO interest in him, so he was all mine.

I remember my exhusband raping me weeks after my son was born, telling me that if I got pregnant again Id have to abort the baby.

When he was at work, my mom and her partner drove up, packed up my stuff, and left. I put a restraining order on him, and a year later he disappeared. No one knows where he is, but I'm free!

It will be 2 years ago that I left him, on October 14th.
I've had counseling once a week for the past 6 months. I'm a full time college student, I have a healthy happy two year old, I'm back among the people who love me.

I am honestly and truly the happiest Ive ever been in my adult life!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:13 AM
I'm not my experience, but I am stronger and greatfull for all the good things in life because of it.
Heather.Rose
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I am very happy you had the courage to get out of that. Your son is blessed to have such a strong and brave mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmariseMishael
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:17 AM

You did the righ thing leaving. If you hadn't, he may have done so much worse. You will probably get nasty comments, but just know..This is NOT YOUR FAULT..IT'S HIS!  

You chose to leave, you did & that's all that matters! Continue on with your counseling and just show your baby and  yourself so much love! I'm sure you already know to just be careful who you deal with, work on getting yourself right & build your confidence so that you will never ever have to deal with this again! 

You are & will be fine! ♥♥

:-)

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:18 AM

I am so glad you got out of that situation <3

CrossStitchMum
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:20 AM
1 mom liked this

((Hugs))

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:21 AM
Quoting Heather.Rose:

I am very happy you had the courage to get out of that. Your son is blessed to have such a strong and brave mother.

Thank you :-)
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:21 AM

You did the right thing in leaving that assphat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting AmariseMishael:

You did the righ thing leaving. If you hadn't, he may have done so much worse. You will probably get nasty comments, but just know..This is NOT YOUR FAULT..IT'S HIS!  

You chose to leave, you did & that's all that matters! Continue on with your counseling and just show your baby and  yourself so much love! I'm sure you already know to just be careful who you deal with, work on getting yourself right & build your confidence so that you will never ever have to deal with this again! 

Thank you
Im just glad I left when I did! I haven't been in a relationship since I left, just focusing on my son and myself. Also why I'm going to school, so I NEVER have to rely on a man again!
phoenixdirected
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:30 AM

I am so happy to hear of your tale of... I was about to say survivial, but you went beyond that! You are THRIVING. Truly awesome that you said enough. It was a year and a half ago that I said enough too. I am also on my way =)

AmariseMishael
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:30 AM

You're doing the right thing! Wishing you all the best! :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AmariseMishael:

Thank you
Im just glad I left when I did! I haven't been in a relationship since I left, just focusing on my son and myself. Also why I'm going to school, so I NEVER have to rely on a man again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN