Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you think sexual abuse if you were a daycare worker?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 106 Replies
My son is 2 and a half and is obsessed with penises, vaginas and bottoms. He touches himself, shows people his penis, ask to see their genitals. He sometimes plays with his butthole and then smells his finger asking me "What is this mom?". He has told me EAT MY WILLY (Penis) MOM! When I change him and then laughed. He thinks its funny to tickle other peoples genitals and laugh. The problem is I know 100% he has not been sexual abused, He has never been left alone with anyone but myself (His father isn't around) and I am returning to work, he will be attending daycare and I worry he will say/do these things and they will think the worst with it ending with CPS being called when it really isn't the case! Do I warn the daycare centre of this before he starts?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Your son is disturbed, and you need to make that behavior stop by any means necessary!!
Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:52 AM
Why would you encourage or condone behavior like that?!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:52 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Your son is disturbed, and you need to make that behavior stop by any means necessary!!

He's two years old and doesn't understand.
TattedReader
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:52 AM
2 moms liked this
you need to correct that behavior. Some interest is normal but saying those things and tickling other people genitals is beyond abnormal. I would think that if I was a daycare provider. this should have been addressed and stopped when it started
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:53 AM

Quoting Alchemist_Momma:

I ignore it, what I am I meant to do? Honest I am lost.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:53 AM
Totally this!!!

Quoting Alchemist_Momma:

Countess79
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I think you've allowed this behavior far too long
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:54 AM
Touching etc are normal things which most every child has a phase with .. The language and particular manner that your son acts in are not normal. My 6 year old son has no clue about "vaginas" .. And I don't think Ive heard of many kids actually inserting a finger into their own rectum for fun. I think the first step sounds like pediatrician, and see what they suggest
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:54 AM
5 moms liked this
All children are different. Normal psychology says that this is what Freud would call the "anal" stage. It is when they are learning to control their bodily functions and be potty trained and so they find humor in all things that pertain to potty humor like parts that you use to go potty. No, I would not automatically assume sexual abuse, but I have a degree in psychology and worked in child care and had to take a training course in signs of abuse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:55 AM

No, because sexual curiosity is normal in a 2 year old . If I were you I'd start discussing what touches are okay & not okay. If he wants to touch his penis, fine, but he needs to only do it in his room. Teach him its not okay to ask people to eat his willy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)