Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Don't Want To Be Obese. What Is The Quickest Way That You Have Lost Weight?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I need to lose 110lbs, I'm not kidding, No Bashing Please. I'm sick of dieting. I walk 3 miles a day. I have only lost 10 lbs so far but I want the weight to come off a lot quicker than this. I want the brutal truth ladies, whatever details you have, I want them on how I can get thinner quicker. I cannot afford a gym, weight watchers or any diet program and if I could afford lypo and gastric bypass surgery, that would be a dream come true but unfortunately I'm broke. So here's what I'm asking all of you for. I want honesty. Tell me what I should or could do to get quick results. If that means you tell me to start starving myself, start making myself throw up, take laxatives and diahretics, or anything else, than so be. If i have to starve myself and live like an anorexic or turn into a bulimic, tell me what to do to start. I can't live like this anymore. I'm viewed as a disgusting, obese piece of shit and I can't take it,anymore. My husband hasn't had sex with me in almost a year because i know he thinks I'm too fat and disgusting. I want to look good and I want to weigh 150lbs. I am 5'11" and I currently weigh 260 lbs. Tell me how you have lost weight fast, extreme measures or not. All opinions are welcome! I have never been thin and for once in my life, I want to know what it feels like to feel good about myself and the way I look.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Replies (101-106):
Mommy2ETnBM
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Please don't listen to anyone saying you need to starve/eat less. Eating tiny amounts will only make your body hold on to your fat because it will think you are going into starvation mode. Eating healthy meals frequently will get the best results. And anyone suggesting bulemia or anorexia is absolutely ridiculous. Why would you even suggest an eating disorder to someone. *smh*

lancet98
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM

You don't need to eat TINY amounts or starve yourself, but you do need to reduce calories.

However, I can eat much more food, volume wise, and still eat fewer calories.   And feel full.   

It's just a matter of using different things to fill you up.  Protein and fiber (and small amounts of healthy fats like olive oil) instead of starch and sugar and large amounts of not-healthy fats.

lmscm
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

No, no, no you don't have to weigh in the 130's. It's just a range. You could weigh 172 and have a healthy bmi. Besides the bmi charts don't take in to account bone size or muscle mass. Someone could be really muscular and healthy but be considered overweight with bmi. I think that would probably be a great weight for you since you're so tall. I'm five foot even and I once weighed 215. That was crazy big on me. I weigh 123 now so with you being so much taller I really think even around 175-185 you would look great.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I feel the same way. I don't give a shit how bad it is, I just want this weight OFF. THEN I'll adopt a healthy lifestyle. This shit is taking too long. I can't figure it out, though. I've been going to the gym daily, counting calories, and gaining. I'm about ready to say fuck it and do whatever it takes.

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:17 PM

not necessarily.

Quoting Anonymous:

Eat less.
Move more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 2:23 PM
If you have 100lbs to lose, then yes. Eating less and moving more will get you to lose some weight. The ideal plan would be eating whole foods and working out regularly.

Quoting RiotousDigits:

not necessarily.

Quoting Anonymous:

Eat less.

Move more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)