Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$42.07 on my fs card (go ahead try and make me feel bad) *****a little more info

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 173 Replies
15 moms liked this

I was leaving the store and there was a family with a sign. they need food and money for rent. I have nothing but my fs card (which will last me all month) but i could not not help. One of the kids met me in the store and I bought her what they needed. I got apples, bananas, oranges, cherrys, bread, natela, pasta, sauce, canned peaches and a whole chicken. She was like 8 or 9 and picked out what she wanted. I hope I was able to help them in some way. my 8 year old ds was very moved by all this. I hope he learns no matter how little you have yu can always try to help someone.

the parents did not speak english. the youngest was the one that could from what i saw. she spoke french to the father but was also speaking Spanish with me. she spoke very good english. she did not ask for anything beside the chicken and natela. i asked her if she liked bananas and apples and things. i wanted t get them healthy things i was not thinking about what would last. now i am kicking myself in the ass for that. i tried to get bread but she said her mom gets rolls, she also said they were from NYC and they are here for her dad t work. i live upstate near Albany. there are many farms and they hire immigrates for harvest and field work. i didnt want to ask to much. i did tell her things will get better and that she was a sweet girl and can be what ever she wants someday. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:34 PM
bump
missmamaof4
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

i think thats illegal 

ETA:  For fucks sake stop quoting me and read the rest of my replies

baby growth

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:35 PM
3 moms liked this

I saw a family outside of Home Depot once begging.  That's not the place to do so.  Churches, food panties, and shelters can help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Nutella is a need? Why would you let the child pick out what the family needed for food?

aandt1999
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:36 PM
3 moms liked this

Good for you. That was a nice gesture. I do however try to avoid people with the "help me" signs. That is what social services is for. If they can't go there and get help, then there is probably something deceitful going on. 

lulalacroix
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's great to help others, even when you can't afford to.  You also taught your son a great lesson.  Bravo!

sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:36 PM
8 moms liked this

I mean, i will probably get bashed but this what a real human being does! Help others instead of bringing them down. Good for you OP!

Love060708kids
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:37 PM
3 moms liked this

LOL @ food panties, but I know what you mean :)

I think that was nice of you OP.

Quoting Anonymous:

I saw a family outside of Home Depot once begging.  That's not the place to do so.  Churches, food panties, and shelters can help.

famiglia_bella
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:37 PM

You helped the way you could.  Go you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting missmamaof4:

i think thats illegalĀ 

i know but i dont care. the way my life has been going the last month it could be me and my kids out on the street starving. wwjd????
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)