Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Depression/anxiety moms... what medicines work for you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 98 Replies

I have finally decided to go to the doctor because this is getting out of hand... That said, I don't want to become a walking zombie. Are there any medications out there that leave you fully functional, have energy, and still help you feel calmer?

I'd rather be depressed and upset with my mind and energy intact.... that is why I have put off seeing the doctor for so long. I don't want a medicine that will make me sleep all day.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:43 PM

zoloft woked best foor me and i did try many

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:44 PM

i havent been able to find any meds that work for me. :(

mommatojos
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Different people react differently to meds. You may have to try a few until you find one that works for you.

marihla
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I take Zoloft. I am 100% better. With most of them, you have to wait out the side effects. Usually they go away. Mine took two weeks to improve. I have myself back again!

xoxRachelxox
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:46 PM

There are so many different kinds of meds. Talk to your doctor and let him know your concerns. You may have to play around with the dose at first but once you get it right, you'll feel better. 

Also, you have to understand they aren't a cure all pill. I used to expect my pills to do all the work. Also, a lot of them have sexual side effects that suck! Some have weight gain as well. 

I'm on Viibryd and Buspar. Viibryd is really new and it's hard to get authorization for but since I've been on at least 10 different meds, it was easy for me to get approval. 

I'm actually trying to come off meds, it's a slow process and I'm not even sure how well it will work but I'll be trying exercise, vitamins and eating healthy. No processed, GMO crap. 

Grumpylilpixy
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Zoloft works best for me. But I only take it when I need it. Not on a daily.

I just take it for the calming effect as I get very irritable at times.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Lamotragine and Wellbutrin SR. Both of those work wonderfully hand in hand for me. I have bipolar 2 and on those medications I feel happy, peppy... like a normal person. I don't feel like I'm being drugged.

I will say though that you need to work with psychiatrist and psychologist to find out what medicine (s) and counseling work for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Prozac worked ok for me, but I lost my sex drive.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:49 PM

i've only had experience with zoloft & it did not work for me.  i felt like i was under water.  the foggy feeling was worse than the depression.  i control depression with lots of exercise.  i think i'm going to have to suck it up & try another med, though....my anxiety is getting out of control.  and i have rage issues at times. 

AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:50 PM

zoloft & klonopin works for me... 

the only side effect i had was diarrhea for about 3 weeks and i wasn't hungry (<- thats a good thing though.. lol)

fully functional.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN