Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Depression/anxiety moms... what medicines work for you?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have finally decided to go to the doctor because this is getting out of hand... That said, I don't want to become a walking zombie. Are there any medications out there that leave you fully functional, have energy, and still help you feel calmer?

I'd rather be depressed and upset with my mind and energy intact.... that is why I have put off seeing the doctor for so long. I don't want a medicine that will make me sleep all day.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Replies (31-40):
other_mother
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Paxil works best for me.

villagemamma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I was put on Emsam after 6 failed attempts to find something that worked in a matter of about 3 years. it is a patch so i didnt feel the nausea i felt with the others and it worked much quicker and was easier to remember to stay on top of

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Abilify.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I had problems with all the ones I tried. I ended up seeking out hypnotherapy.
beaularson91
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I take citalopram. l''ve been taking it foryears and works for me.
HandMmom12
by Jody on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I'm on Cymbalta. It took a few weeks for my body to adjust to it and for a proper level of matinence to be achieved, but it works very well for me. It does have some annoying side effects when you first start it, but nothing that can't be overcome!
Mummy2Connor
by Karissa on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Everybody will have different reactions depending on what their bodies need, but after trying many meds and almost giving up, I found Zoloft. I've been on it a little over a month, and it's already incredible the difference I feel!
Cassidysmom611
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Celexa is what I am currently on it works well for my depression and curbs my anxiety. However, it doesn't help if I am having a full blown panic attack. 

It has helped tremdously. My anxiety used to prevent me from driving but for the last 4 months or so, I have been driving everywhere. It is like a new lease on life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Oh, does it really work for driving anxiety? I haven't driven in 6 years and before that I probably drove a grand total of 10x in the 4 years before that. I was in an accident 12-ish years ago and have been paralyzed with fear over driving with my kids in the car.

Quoting Cassidysmom611:

Celexa is what I am currently on it works well for my depression and curbs my anxiety. However, it doesn't help if I am having a full blown panic attack. 

It has helped tremdously. My anxiety used to prevent me from driving but for the last 4 months or so, I have been driving everywhere. It is like a new lease on life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Zoloft helped me not to be controlled by my anxiety.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)