Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Depression/anxiety moms... what medicines work for you?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have finally decided to go to the doctor because this is getting out of hand... That said, I don't want to become a walking zombie. Are there any medications out there that leave you fully functional, have energy, and still help you feel calmer?

I'd rather be depressed and upset with my mind and energy intact.... that is why I have put off seeing the doctor for so long. I don't want a medicine that will make me sleep all day.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Replies (91-98):
cupcake_mom
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Hmmmmmmmm i may have to try it

Quoting MixedCooke:

Not at all

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Does it give you weird dreams? My celexa gives me the strangest dreams and i don't like that

Quoting MixedCooke:

ST JOHNS WORT--it is an herbal remedy that helps with mild depression and anxiety.  Energy not affected at all. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:51 AM

How long have you been taking ambien ? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Klonopin and Ambien.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Cylexa/Citalopram seems to be working for me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:05 AM

I use Prozac and Ativan , I wish I didn't need either one , but I do. And they help a lot. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:17 AM

klonopin 3x's a day (a light dose), but I usually just take it in the am and at night. It helps me with anxiety.

Wellbutrin, abilify, and vybird for depression. None of which make me zombie like or fat. lol.

Quite the cocktail, but all of this eventually worked. I think abilify is great along side another antidepressant.

Good luck. Sometimes it takes a bit to find out what really works for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Not the anxiety meds. They are some times prescribed to be taken as needed. I do agree with the depression meds. They are suppose to build up in your system to be effective.

Quoting Anonymous:

yes that is correct. Zoloft and any other prescribed anxiety/depression medicine is not a use as you think you need it type of drug. She is only getting the "imaginary effects" from taking a pill (just as if it were a placebo)

Quoting Anonymous:

I thought Zoloft only works when its taken consecutively for two weeks or more?

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Zoloft works best for me. But I only take it when I need it. Not on a daily.

I just take it for the calming effect as I get very irritable at times.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:33 AM

exercise, healthy eating and meditation.  not perfect, but works better than anything in a bottle

none of the meds i tried gave good results without counterproductive side effects

colorado_mama2
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Cymbalta works for me. Ive been on it a year now
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)