Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm raising a chd child ask me anything

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:38 PM
  • 50 Replies
My son has multiple chd's (congenital heart defects). He has atrial ventricle septal defect, pulmonary hypertension, and av stenosis. He's had 2 cardiac catheters, an open heart surgery, a surgery to place g-tube and multiple hospitalizations. He is 8 months old and on 8 different medications 6 times a day. Here is a picture of my heart warrior ask me anything.

by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytotwinz
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:41 PM
2 moms liked this

This is when he was 3 months old right after coming off the ventilator from his first cardiac catheter.

This is about a month ago.

imakehimscream
by He screams on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:43 PM
He is such a cutie. Do you work or a sahm?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:44 PM
What a handsome strong little guy
happymama0609
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
He is beautiful! I love his face in the first picture. His face is saying "yeah, kicked that surgeries ass,mommy!"
mommytotwinz
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Quoting imakehimscream:

He is such a cutie. Do you work or a sahm?
I have to be a sahm. He can't go to a normal day care. Even if he could I don't know that I could go back to work. Just dealing with all his meds and feeds takes about 18 hours a day.

mommytotwinz
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

What a handsome strong little guy
Thank you.

mommytotwinz
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Quoting happymama0609:

He is beautiful! I love his face in the first picture. His face is saying "yeah, kicked that surgeries ass,mommy!"
Thank you. He was actually really sick when this picture was taken although we didn't know it. A week later the phrase "congestive heart failure" was being thrown around quite often.

dixiegurl223626
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Hes a cutie!

mommytotwinz
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Quoting dixiegurl223626:

Hes a cutie!

Thank you.

mommie_x0x
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Mobile Photo

How adorable. When did you first notice problems? Apparently my sons heart skips beats they said it would go away when he was born but I found out he still has it and he is four months old they say not to be worried it won't affect him but idk if it is something to worry about or not =/ he is my full term baby and he also only has one testicle.. Or the other one is so far up they can't find it and have to do surgery =( my four year old was two months early came out perfect and has been perfect and healthy since go figure lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)