Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im So Fu**ed.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 111 Replies

My MIL is the caretaker for her SIL, who has dementia, among other problems. She is going on vacation for 6 days starting Friday. I am expected to be a 24 hour care for my DH's aunt (MIL's SIL). I will help her bathe, empty her commode, clean up after her, feed her, administer her meds, help her dress, and keep her calm when she freaks out-- which is often. Additionally, if she falls I get to pick her up. I will be living there, and also caring for my two young children. I also get to take care of FIL-- doing his laundry, packing his lunches, serving him dinner.

FIL BLEW UP at MIL today after he found out that she planned to compensate me financially. she is going to give me $500 for 6 days... which is totally fair, considering what the going rate of caregivers is these days. I have just over $1000 of tuition due in a month in order to graduate college... this $500 was going to make up the last half of it. Now what?

Now, so she doesn't cancel her vacation, since she was bawling on the phone, I get to do it for free. But what about me? He basically said I was a bitch for expecting ANY compensation, although paying me was mom's idea. I'm so livid. He said he helps us out enough already, since he wanted to buy my husband new tires-- which we don't need, and didn't ask for, he just felt like doing it. GOD I'm seeing red!!! NOW WHAT?!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:11 PM
6 moms liked this

Wow. You are a saint. I would never agree to do any of that, even for $500. Hope he likes the home you pick out for him one day :)

MomJessto3
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:11 PM

dont do it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:12 PM
2 moms liked this
Sorry but in my opinion you shouldn't be doing it without a little compensation. Hes fucking ridiculous to expect a fucking caregiver and maid and chef out of you when you have no ties to do it anyways. Fuck him. He can find his own house slave.
susan115
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:12 PM
2 moms liked this

WOW, does he understand how much is involved.  Your MIL needs a break, and she was paying you so she can get a break.  He is not thinking straight.  That is a hard job and yes you should be paid and your MIL needs a vacation and he is purposely attempting to ruin her break!

autodidact
by Snarknado on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:12 PM
3 moms liked this

that is NOTHING compared to what they would pay for that service for those days. why doesn't FIL take care of his own sister? 

meka26
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:12 PM
2 moms liked this

I would tell MIL what I planned to do with the money. Maybe she will be understanding and give you the money anyway. If not, I would tell FIL to prepare to take care of SIL on his own. The words I would have for him if he were my FIL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Say no.

TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't do it. That's a lot to take on for 6 days. Your FIL is a jerk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry but in my opinion you shouldn't be doing it without a little compensation. Hes fucking ridiculous to expect a fucking caregiver and maid and chef out of you when you have no ties to do it anyways. Fuck him. He can find his own house slave.

No, I absolutely shouldn't. I'm doing it because mom was ready to cancel the vacation. She's going to see her siblings, who she hasn't seen in a few years, and damnit she deserves a break! Knowing her she will try to find some way to get the money to me anyway... it's just so goddamn disrespectful. Has he helped us out financially in the past? YES. Because he WANTED to. He doesn't seem to understand or care that a caregiver would be charging close to $300 a day for 24 hour PSYCHIATRIC care.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Fil is a sexist fucking asshole in my book fuck him serve him shit in his sandwich he is an ungrateful ass
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN