Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kids and public transportation.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
Would you let your kids ride the public bus at ages 11 and 9? Both boys! They know how to transfer and where to go and they have cell phones to check in with a GPS tracker on the cell phone so you can essentially pop in on them when you want?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Bump
Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Depends on where they are going and maturity level.
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I grew up in Houston and I was on the bus by myself by age 11. My mom  was a single mom, I took my laundry to laundry mat on bus, got dinner , anything and then when i was older had to take bus to school.

JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:42 PM

No. I have a 10 & 8 yr. old, both girls. We live in a very large city (NYC) and I just wouldn't be comfortable with it and probably not for a while. 

j3st3r
by Jedi on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I grew up in Pittsburgh. If we wanted to go anywhere during the summers, we took the bus. Idk if I could put mine o. The bus, though. I'm too neorotic for that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:43 PM

I was taking public transportation at that age to school without a cell phone & I live in a dangerous city. I don't think I would let my dd though.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Hell no. I take the city bus almost everyday to someplace or another. It is not a good place for kids. You got drunks, whores, weirdos, and thugs. Pick your evil. 

Photo: -Randi.

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:44 PM
No. At that age their decision making just isn't developed enough. It has nothing to do with how well behaved, smart, or matured they are, sometimes things will seem like a good idea when they aren't. At that age, kids need to be supervised by an adult on public transportation.
LilRed2130
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Hell no.
LilRed2130
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Hell no.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)