Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate our dogs

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:43 PM
  • 54 Replies
We have 2 dogs, I didn't want either. Dh made out to be a total ass to everyone about it. Now we don't have one we have two

They tear shit up! They are holes in my $4000 couch, they chewed up my antique desk, they ripped out my sons carpeting in his room! I came home the other night and the house was trashed!!! They got in the garbage strung it through the house, chewed up two pillows and a blanket. They have ripped a whole in our trampoline and now they chewed up the neighbours kids bikes, plus ours.

To top it off, they have fleas! They take a pill and its not working, so now I have to go back to the vet with them, which is a nightmare and spend more money on flea shit, plus call an exterminator because they're in my house. Oh and they snagged the brand new carpet in my room, and they eat 10 lbs of dog food a day and they kill little animals! I have to now put up not just a fence, but at least a 8 ft high fence to keep them from getting out and chewing up the neighbourhood. That's not cheap!

I just want to find them a new home, is that really that wrong? And before you ask one has been to dog school, it didn't work so I'm not paying to take the other one. They are costing me a fortune and making me miserable!

Edit---- they are part of the family, I'm on a rant, they ARE driving me crazy, but they will live with us until they die of old age. My children and husband love them very much- I may over feed them, I may have missed the boat on training, but they are LOVED, I'm not a horrible pet owner, but stupid is up for debate. Thank you for your advice, I promise I will use it!!! Think Marley and me....I PROMISE they are treated well!! One is laying next to me now and the other with my son.
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Oh, and every time they get a bath they roll in the mud immediately after, then track it in the house!!!!
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like they are bored. My dog gets extremely destructive when he is bored. He needs at least one 30 minute walk a day to keep him from being insane. He could really use 2 walks but its just so hot. Try to burn off some of their excess energy
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Dude, train them.

AviannasMama
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
This is why some people shouldn't have dogs. Every day older a dog gets the less chance it has of being adopted. So now if no one takes them, will they have to be put down? If you know someone that wsnts them, even better. I'm sure they would prefer to live w soneone that actually wants them.

On that note, dogs are a TON of work. I wish people knew that before they got that cute little puppy.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:47 PM
2 moms liked this

get rid of em

Bitch.please
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Dog pound
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

If I were you they would have already been re homed . GL :)

HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:49 PM
They have been to school, I have tried. They do really well for a while and then WHAM, they're psycho again!

Quoting Anonymous:

Dude, train them.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Sounds like not a problem with the dog. Just shitty dog owners that don't know how to train and contain their pets. 

I have 7 dogs and am constantly rescuing other ones. Yet my house isn't being trashed daily because I TRAINED my pets and keep them stimulated so they don't feel the need to break shit out of boredom. If I can't trust them to behave then they are crated when I can not supervise. Simple

ajdahd13
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:50 PM
What kind of dogs are they?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)