Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pinched nerve in back, what helps??

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:45 PM
  • 29 Replies
Dh has a pinched nerve and it is causing him extreme pain all the time. Occasionally his leg will go partly numb or pain will shoot down his leg, but his lower back constantly hurts. He is not overweight in the slightest ( 5'11 and 145-150 lbs) and he is very physically fit. He works a very physical job so he is miserable all the time. He's been to a chiropractor and it only made it worse. He saw the guy 2 times a week for about 3 months. He went to a regular doc and they took an x ray and said they saw nothing wrong but based on symptoms its likely a pinched nerve. They gave him pain pills but that's all. He took those for a week but they made him so loopy he couldn't do his job on them and he said they didn't help the pain so he stopped and went back to work. What else can he do? He has started yoga and excersise for people with bad backs but he hurts when he does it and it doesn't help him.
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CamMa
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Bump! Hope he feels better!
CamMa
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Do you have any NSAIDs? Ibuprofen, naproxen, aspirin? Any? That should help take some of the pain away.
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:49 PM
He's been in pain every day for over a year :(. I had to help him sit up in bed the other day because he hurt so bad. I feel terrible for him.

Quoting CamMa:

CamMa
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:50 PM
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pinched-nerve/DS00879/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs

Maybe this'll help.

Quoting norahsmommy:

He's been in pain every day for over a year :(. I had to help him sit up in bed the other day because he hurt so bad. I feel terrible for him.

Quoting CamMa:

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:50 PM
I have Tylenol, excedrine, midol, pamprin, ibuprophin, Aleve and the narcotic pain pills the doc gave him. He said none help the pain.

Quoting CamMa:

Do you have any NSAIDs? Ibuprofen, naproxen, aspirin? Any? That should help take some of the pain away.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:52 PM

nothing mine has the same thing had to have surgery, now he has another one means another surgery

Katalina650
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Poor guy.  I'm in Colorado.  Weed is what I would do....medical marijuana

helema24
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:53 PM
take him to a chiropractor or get a teeter hangup to help decompress his back11

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replyI Like Big Butts and I Cannot

CamMa
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:55 PM
I'm sorry! I just saw this, too. It's a pretty good site. I've used it a lot for home treatments for things and it's always helped.

I have a pulled muscle in my neck and it's pretty bad sometimes, so I can only imagine how he's feeling. And for so long, that has to be awful for him. He's a good man for working through it and keeping up with your family!

Quoting norahsmommy:

I have Tylenol, excedrine, midol, pamprin, ibuprophin, Aleve and the narcotic pain pills the doc gave him. He said none help the pain.

Quoting CamMa:

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Not legal here and he needs to get a winter job every year when his seasonal job ends. So that doesn't work. :(.

Quoting Katalina650:

Poor guy.  I'm in Colorado.  Weed is what I would do....medical marijuana

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)