Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can't have another baby... Why not?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

My really good friend is having a lot of trouble having another baby. Her first is almost 5 now and they've been trying for three years. After the first year she went in the doctor to find out what was going on.  After a bunch of tests she was diagnosed with unexplained infertility. How can you have one child and not be able to have another?? I feel like that is a horrible half assed diagnosis. I feel like there has to be a real answer for her. She is clearly able to get pregnant but its not happening. I know they have tried everything, her husband has been tested as well and he's fine. My heart just aches for her, she is such a good mom and I see how much she wants another baby. I want it to happen for them so bad :( ... Anyone go through this?? Any tips I can offer her ?? She is getting another fertility referral to try and get tests again. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I have no idea. My sister in law has that, infertility with no real cause or reason, she hasn't had any children, and has been trying for over 10 years. 

JLS2388
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:49 PM

She needs to go to a hormone doctor, it is likely her hormones. If that is the case, it is usually an easy fix. My mom had 3 kids and then couldn't have more. She now knows that it was likely a hormonal issue

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I had two kids and than bam 7 years of either not getting pregnant or having miscarriages, finally it came down to my progesterone levels were too low. Went on progesterone and had a healthy baby girl ten months later.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I had unexplained infertility. My first pregnancy didnt end well after I suffered eclympsia. I tried for 13 years to have another. gave up. Moved on. Found out I was 8 months pregnant 3 years later at the age of 38. the only thing that changed in my life was 1~I had lost 100 lbs and 2~I got divorced and was with another guy. 

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:51 PM
How is her eating? Is she overweight?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Cafemom standards dictate I must now call you a bitch for not surrogating for her :)

Sorry, I had to do that, I posted a while back and mentioned my SIL has a fertility problem and got like 10 responses asking why I was so selfish as not to surrogate for her.

Quoting jojo_star:

I have no idea. My sister in law has that, infertility with no real cause or reason, she hasn't had any children, and has been trying for over 10 years. 

crysiann
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:53 PM

My dh and I have unexplained infertility. I have never had a biological child, but, my husband has a 10 year old. It is so frustrating to go through every test, just hoping they will figure out what is happening, and never get an answer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Yes. My first time I easily got pregnant. Second time trying and going on three years and nothing. So far mine is unexplained too. I have had every blood test, everything is normal. :/  Don't know why either. My ins doesn't cover a specialst so that sucks to not know how you can have been pregnant before but cannot now. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:54 PM
I have been ttc for almost 20 years, with only one pregnancy. There is nothing wrong with me or dh...nothing any dr. has found anyway. I have taken clomid on two different occasions (6mo each time), and I have had every test available ran. There is no reason that we can find to explain my infertility. We have one miracle baby who was conceived naturally within the first year we were married. But that is it.

Unexplained infertility happens sometimes. Your friend is blessed to have the one child. Some people don't even get that.
Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Cafemom standards dictate I must now call you a bitch for not surrogating for her.

Sorry, I had to do that, I posted a while back and mentioned my SIL has a fertility problem and got like 10 responses asking why I was so selfish as not to surrogate for her.

Quoting jojo_star:

Seriously?! I would laugh and laugh and laugh if anyone ever suggest I carry someone elses baby. I can barely convince myself to carry my own and after #2 is out in Oct. I'm done. FOREVER

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN