Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You Dont want our kids to play together because of WHAT!!! Update 1&2

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 312 Replies
4 moms liked this

Ok so my DS is 5 and he has a friend at the daycare he goes to , they are best of friends and his mother and I get along or so i thought . Well the other day I was picking up DS and his friends mom was there we said our hello's and we talked about doing a Playdate and it was all set , a day later the mom came over unexpected to drop of a short list of food and other allergies her son has , well she saw My necklace  , you see I am pagan i don't hide it but ...when i go to school , court or other type situations i don't wear it out of respect for others since my area is very christian and catholic , I avoid drama this way . She did not say anything but i saw the alarm on her face she handed the note off and left , I thought nothing of it till today . 

When I went to get my son he was upset and angery , i asked him why and he said that his buddy cant be his friend no more or come over cause I was evil and they dont go near the devil . My son knows my and his fathers religion we never push him into it if he wants to join in on what we do then yay if not thats fine . He goes to sunday school with his grandmother cause she sings in the choir i was not expecting this at all. The boys parents requested either there son is sent to another class or mine goes . 

So How do i help him feel better because of this ?

UPDATE : I have spoken to his teacher and she said , That there is no way she is moving my son ,because neither him nor I have done anything that is against the school rules . Sadly tho when i woke my son for daycare he starting crying , saying he did not want to go that if he sees his friend that his heart hurts . I called his teacher and she said to give him a mental health day she said ,this sort of thing is hard for kids his age . She's a very new age thinker when it comes to schooling . So she suggested i take him out just him an I and help him feel better so we are doing early school shopping .

As i am sure your wondering what my home looks like, when you come in there is a wall of photos of family and friends both living and passed away . a tv ,games , a small basket of living room toys sofa and a big lazy boy sofa . a sewing machine with a dress form next to it , there is no religion showing I keep that all in a box that's locked in my room .

As for What is a pagan , A somewhat vague term derived from from the Latin word paganus. Pagan is a term which refers to a variety of different religions ranging from Wicca(somthing that i am ), to that of ancient Egypt and even Hinduism, among many others. Some Pagans are of no specific religion(my ds father is this ), but rather are eclectic. In general Pagan religions have more than one deity, or many gods which are aspects of one (an idea similar to that of the Christian trinity). Another quite common feature of Pagan religions are that they tend to be nature oriented. Pagan can also be used as a derogatory word for any non-Judeo/Christian/Islamic religion.

UPDATE: Ok i wrote a letter to the other mom and asked her to coffee and talk things over about how she feels about my religions and ect . 

well to thos of you who suggested to take to her it worked , seemed she thought it was like in the craft movies or something ! She told me she thought I did blood rituals ect and killing animals i showed her all my books on it and told her everything on it that i knew . I even offered to have her come by to see what we do on Samhain , She agreed and even in her own way said sorry to me and that our boys can be friends . I told her that if she feels uncomfortable about my home we can have play-dates at the park <like on cm mom suggested > and she agreed !  So Thankyou Ladies So much for all your wonderful words and even thos that were not so kind thankyou for your point of View .

Blessed Be. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:50 PM
37 moms liked this
Just explain to him that some people are Intolerant of other religions but that we are always nice to people even if they are not nice to us.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Am i the only one ?

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:51 PM
16 moms liked this
Well for starters, if they actually move your son to another class, I'd sue. She can have her son moved, that's her decision, but she cannot demand your son be kicked out of his class over your religion. Otherwise, I'd leave it be. This is why we are mostly in the broom closet ourselves. We live in the Bible Belt and don't want to deal with that shit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Quoting RMB2011:

Just explain to him that some people are Intolerant of other religions but that we are always nice to people even if they are not nice to us.

I'll have to try that , its just hard to see him sad about it granted this was his first friend that was not family so its gonna hit him hard 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:53 PM
12 moms liked this

my dance teacher is a wiccan and I personally have no interest in religion but I do have interest in God himself... Anyhow my christian friend told me Im dealing with the devil. Good thing this was on FB because I wanted to punch her in the damn face. Seriously, times like this Im shocked at the hatred these supposedly LOVING people are suppose to be.

alc4evermom
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:53 PM
13 moms liked this

Ugh peole are so dumb!  I'm a Christian, and Christians are supposed to associate with other religions and cultures---you know, like Jesus did?  The whole point of Christianity is to not be self ritcheous but that's what some Christians do.

i feel bad for their kid.  He has to grow up in a house of hate and fundelmentalism.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:54 PM
3 moms liked this
First of all, let's address this...
It is not "no more" it is anymore. I would not feel comfortable having my child in a pagan's home either. She's entitled to that and it's not out of line at all.
fivegirls333
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:54 PM

geez, what is a pagan?  an atheist?

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Many religions frown on fraternizing with those that don't believe as they do.  Such is life, there are millions of other people that don't care.

RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:55 PM
I know. Tell him that he should still be nice to the boy though. But do you really think he will get switched classes? I don't see how the school can justify making your son change classes because a child's parents has a problem with your religion. That screams lawsuit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RMB2011:

I'll have to try that , its just hard to see him sad about it granted this was his first friend that was not family so its gonna hit him hard 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)