Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think about people who have roaches?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM
  • 56 Replies
Like do you think they can help it? Like I think that people can control it. I've heard people say " well they're poor and/or they're disabled and all they can afford is the ghetto or they can't afford pest control. Is that just an excuse? Or do you think if they really wanted to be roach free they would ?
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sekirei
by Nari on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:59 AM

depends on where they live.

When we lived in Hawaii, nothing kept the roaches out...they were even in the house before we moved in

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:59 AM
2 moms liked this

Roaches can torment anyone......they know no boundaries.

Mother.May.I.
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:59 AM

We have had roaches before. BAD and they are so so so hard to get rid of. If I see more than 5 in this new house I will bomb it right away. 

casseopeia
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Sometimes roaches can infest a building and there is not much you as a tenant can do about it.  A professional exterminator has to get into the walls.

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:00 AM
I think they have roaches...
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:00 AM
We live in south texas. Roaches happen. Even in spotless homes.
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I've had them BAD... I lived in a duplex and a new family moved into the other side of it and a month later we were infested. I firmly believe they brought them, but I can't prove it or know if that's really even possible. We got rid of them though, so yeah I think at least more often then not they can be controlled.

ElizabethGracie
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:02 AM

It depends....is their house clean and giving the impression that they're trying to fight the roaches off or is the house nasty and it looks as if they're running a roach hotel.

CafeMom Tickers
TaughtTot
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Some people really can't afford it.

I know when I was younger, we were so so so poor.  Our neighbors had roaches and they would come through the walls some how, apartments, and then we had roaches.  When the neighbors moved, so did the roaches lol

Demographically

This happened from when I was 5-6years old, my mom was 20-21(had me very young), my mom was super low income, for 3 months or more I know we had no electricity and so we had no hot water, no perishable food or food that had to be cooked.  We were super duper poor back then.  Luckily my grandma lived a 10 minute walk away and we would go to her house every night to eat.

So paying for an exterminator, wasn't going to happen. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:02 AM

it doesn't matter how clean your house is!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN