Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Grandmas

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:07 AM
  • 30 Replies

My mom thinks my son is her responsibility

She constantly is stepping in if she thinks I am being too hard on him

She even had a talk with me about how when she is around it is her time with him and I should just go do something else if I don't like her butting in because (sons name) is her only grandchild and she is going to do whatever it takes to make him happy and spoil him, it's what she is supposed to do.

and yes she said SPOIL

Wow!

Do you have parents like this?

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:09 AM
My children have no grandparents. I agree with your mother to a reasonable degree.
kzuehlk
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:09 AM
My mom thinks I am too hard on my boys, but she respects that I am their mother and what I say goes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:09 AM
2 moms liked this

Its our JOB to spoil grandkids............

Didn't your grandparents spoil you as a child????

TaughtTot
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:10 AM

No...my parents wouldn't let them

Which is where I am getting confused

Quoting Sassy762:

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom spoils and babies my girls, but that's her job; she is grandma...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:12 AM
While I agree that grandparents should be able to spoil the kids, she shouldn't tell you to 'go off somewhere'.
You can say 'no' to that 15th piece of candy. You, not her, have to deal with it later.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Well that SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSS, lol

She wouldn't let her parents spoil you but she can spoil your child, LMAOOOOOOOO

Well......I guess she has seen the "Error of her Ways" and now regrets not allowing  your grandparents to spoil you.

Quoting TaughtTot:

No...my parents wouldn't let them

Which is where I am getting confused

Quoting Sassy762:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:15 AM
My mom spoils my baby. But she is a health nut so not with candy. More with toys and outings. Which is fine by me. But she doesnt tell me to go do my own thing... she just spoils me too.
TaughtTot
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:16 AM

I have no control over this woman.  If I even try to limit the time they are together, which I have thinking it would teach her a lesson, she just calls my ex and whines to him and he will bring my son their on his days instead.  I can't win.  

One time I dropped my son off to her so I could go to class, next thing I know they are at some amusement park and they will drop him off in the morning because he's going to be too tired when they get back.

She's off. 

I appreciate the love, but I swear I can't win.  I have tried and then the first paragraph is the result. 

** I also called my baby sister to see what they were thinking and they just ignored me and were all laughing saying how much of a good time and saying WooHoo in unison with my son and then hung up on me.** It's weird

Quoting Anonymous:

While I agree that grandparents should be able to spoil the kids, she shouldn't tell you to 'go off somewhere'.
You can say 'no' to that 15th piece of candy. You, not her, have to deal with it later.

newmom121812
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:18 AM
Yeah no he doesnt have grandparents other then my removed step dad( who is awesome and stayed in our lives) but we dont see him much maybe once every few months -tomorrow actually. And just sit and talk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)