Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Torturing a Child *ETA Guilt Feelings *ETA Would you have stepped in? *ETA Videos

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you have...

Options:

Left and not said anything

Voiced your concerns to mom and/or store employee

Physically interfered to stop piercing

Contacted authorities

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 57

View Results

Last night I was at the mall with my daughter.  We were in Claires.  A small girl, about 4, was running through the store screaming and crying.  My first thought was..what a brat.

The screaming escalated and it sounded more like she was hurt than misbehaving, so I stopped and looked to see what was going on.

I see her 'mother' chase her down...the child is cowering in the corner and clearly terrified...screaming bloody murder and repeatedly yelling, "no, no, no, no..."  It was really scary.

Her 'mother' chased her down twice, with the little girl wrestling out of her mom's grip and running again.  Finally, the mother physically got the girl on the ground, sat on the gir'ls legs while grabbing the girl's arms.

The 'mother', then picked up the hysterical girl, sat down in the ear piercing chair and sat her daughter on her lap and wrapped her arms tightly around the chest, pinning the girl's arms down, and wrapped her legs around the girl's legs.

The child was struggling and trying to escape and pleading with her 'mom', "Please...no, no, no...I don't want...."

Obviously this girl was terrified out of her mind and didn't want to get her ears pierced.  I just stood there in shock for a few seconds.  I couldn't take it any more and left the store.  I could hear that poor little girl screaming all the way at the other end of the mall.

I wanted so badly to 'save' her.  But, the 'mother' was within her 'legal rights'.

It was heartbreaking.

Don't get me wrong, my daughters have their ears pierced.  I'm not against it. But, Holy Crap...why would anyone...HOW can anyone do that to a child?

*ETA  I can't stop feeling guilty.  I keep telling myself I should have done something.  I should have called security.  I should have stepped between the Claire's clerk and the mom/daughter in the chair.

But then, what could I have done?  Legally, I have no right to interfere.  UGH...I feel so guilty...I SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING!!!

Video of 3 yr old being forced to pierce ears.  He obviously did not want it.

http://youtu.be/M9WiUQvqxUc

Second video is a girl getting forced to pierce her ears on her birthday after changing her mind

http://youtu.be/jlIiViWXLCk

The third video is a mom getting a religious symbol tattooed on her 3 yr old.

http://youtu.be/qEyT5PYWWJ4

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:14 AM

Holy hell....that mother is one sadistic bitch.  :(

csxt99
by Jennifer on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:15 AM
5 moms liked this

The clerk should have refused to do it.  Obviously, the mother doesn't have enough sense to not do it.  

Trisi
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Wow. Poor baby girl.
Mummy2Connor
by Karissa on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:16 AM
That's ridiculous! I understand that sometimes as a parent you have to force them to do things they don't want to -but obviously this was WAY out of bounds! Poor girl...
twinmommy2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:17 AM
3 moms liked this

If i work at Clair's I would have not pierced her ear. 

ROBIN-C
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:18 AM

I can't believe for a minute the clerk would go ahead and pierce child's ears!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:18 AM

I don't know why Claire's would go through with it, if this was the case. How traumatizing for the girl

ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats why I wouldnt pierce my daughters ears until she wanted them done! It would be her choice!

KyBugsMommy815
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:19 AM
2 moms liked this

How sad. The person doing the piercing should have refused to do it. I can't imagine wanting my child's ears pierced so bad as to do that. People are such idiots.

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I think people should wait until their kids want to have their ears pierced. I don't understand piercing their ears as infants. Even 4 is a little young. Dd can have hers done when she can take care of them herself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)