Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Felt pretty bad for this girl at friendlys

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:20 AM
  • 44 Replies

We went to Friendlys for dinner.

the table ahead of us had 4 kids.  One was a teen age girl.  the other three were under 8 but older than 2.  Then directly next to them were 3 adults.  The mother of these children had her teen daughter do everything for the boys.  she placed in their order, made sure they ate.  if they got too loud, mom told her to tell them to keep the voices down.  one of the boys asked the mom to take them to the bathrrom, and she told him her sister will take him. and she had to get up and take her brother.  i felt so bad for her. id be pissed if my mom had me do all that for my younger siblings.

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gemikris82
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:21 AM

BUMP!

gemikris82
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:21 AM

BUMP!

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:22 AM
I had to do that in foster care.
It was my job to raise everyone else it felt like :(

That poor child, I hope she is just on punishment or something and its not her daily life
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:22 AM

Eh, sometimes happens when your the oldest. 

tossed
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:26 AM
1 mom liked this

It is unfair to judge when you don't know the background.....maybe mom is ill or maybe daughter does this as part of her allowance.

gemikris82
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:26 AM

me too! i mean im all for helping out when needed. but the parents were there too.  she shouldnt have to play the role of mom when mom was right there.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

I had to do that in foster care.
It was my job to raise everyone else it felt like :(

That poor child, I hope she is just on punishment or something and its not her daily life

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:27 AM
I hate seeing that. I understand occasionally asking the oldest to help a little but why have all those kids if you cba to take care of them?

Did anyone ever see that episode of Supernanny where the parents had two teens in home based study, expected them to take care of the kids and used it as an excuse to act childless? The poor oldest fainted at one point from exhaustion. She was only 18, it was so so sad. :(
gemikris82
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:27 AM

or maybe the mom is lazy?

Quoting tossed:

It is unfair to judge when you don't know the background.....maybe mom is ill or maybe daughter does this as part of her allowance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:27 AM
2 moms liked this

that is good birth control!!

gemikris82
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 4:28 AM

no ive never seen that show. but i feel bad for teens in that situation.  i mean helping out is great, and i would have my teen help out if i needed it. but to make all the responsibility fall onto them, thats not fair either.

Quoting EntrepeneurMom:

I hate seeing that. I understand occasionally asking the oldest to help a little but why have all those kids if you cba to take care of them?

Did anyone ever see that episode of Supernanny where the parents had two teens in home based study, expected them to take care of the kids and used it as an excuse to act childless? The poor oldest fainted at one point from exhaustion. She was only 18, it was so so sad. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)