Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Xanax

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 5:45 AM
  • 17 Replies
I need advice from moms who take this? My anxiety has become almost debilitating lately and my doctor prescribed this. I am a bit nervous to take it. For those who have will I still be able to function? What will it do to me?
I did ask my doctor and all she said is that it will relax me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 5:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 5:50 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 5:53 AM
Usually anxiety medicines are really strong at first. Benzos are highly addicting. I only take mine if it is absolutely needed. I think the longest I have taken it at one time was a week.

krissy920
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Have you tried a cognative behavioral therapy treatment, it worked way better then meds for me.
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:06 AM
No I haven't heard of that. Could you explain?

Quoting krissy920:

Have you tried a cognative behavioral therapy treatment, it worked way better then meds for me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krissy920
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't want to take medication because i cant function or have emotions on it ( not all people just me) so i went once a week for close to a year and had  therapy sessions with  an amazing doctor. We worked on  figuring out where my anxiety  stemmed from and ways to control my anxiety in general. Pretty much  my anxiety had taken over many aspects in my life ( i didn't drive i avoided all caffeine,  the list goes on) it caused me to have panic attacks and even was on the verge of having agoraphobia. Anyways after my treatment i learned other ays to calm myself and breathing methods to help. After a year of treatment, ive never had an anxiety attack since.. i now drive.. and i dont avoid anything any more.n I dont know if this treatment is for everyone, but it was amazing for me.

Quoting lovelove211:

Quoting krissy920:

CafeMom Tickers
katemckenzie
by Kate on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:19 AM
Works wonders for me. I'm a worrier. I spend all my time worrying about everything, which in turn makes me clench my teeth because I'm so stressed about my worries. I've ground off all my enamel and have awful ear, neck, and jaw pain. And headaches. Xanax helps with that
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:19 AM
Given that your anxiety was so bad and this treatment worked for you, it's very hopeful to me. Thank you for suggesting this :) I'm going to look into it

Quoting krissy920:

I didn't want to take medication because i cant function or have emotions on it ( not all people just me) so i went once a week for close to a year and had  therapy sessions with  an amazing doctor. We worked on  figuring out where my anxiety  stemmed from and ways to control my anxiety in general. Pretty much  my anxiety had taken over many aspects in my life ( i didn't drive i avoided all caffeine,  the list goes on) it caused me to have panic attacks and even was on the verge of having agoraphobia. Anyways after my treatment i learned other ays to calm myself and breathing methods to help. After a year of treatment, ive never had an anxiety attack since.. i now drive.. and i dont avoid anything any more.n I dont know if this treatment is for everyone, but it was amazing for me.

Quoting lovelove211:

Quoting krissy920:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Does it make you feel tired though or loopy or anything? I'm just a bit worried. My anxiety has become so bad and I think I'm doing the same jaw clenching thing as well

Quoting katemckenzie:

Works wonders for me. I'm a worrier. I spend all my time worrying about everything, which in turn makes me clench my teeth because I'm so stressed about my worries. I've ground off all my enamel and have awful ear, neck, and jaw pain. And headaches. Xanax helps with that

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katemckenzie
by Kate on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:23 AM
It made me feel tired the first couple times, but after that I adjusted. It wasn't like sleepy tire. More like lazy tired. Like relaxed to the point where "IM NOT DOIN SHIT TODAY."

Quoting lovelove211:

Does it make you feel tired though or loopy or anything? I'm just a bit worried. My anxiety has become so bad and I think I'm doing the same jaw clenching thing as well

Quoting katemckenzie:

krissy920
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:24 AM

I hope you find something that works for you  regardless of medication  therapy or both. Living with anxiety  can be debilitating and  in some cases like mine,  i wasnt really living or enjoying life. I think we all deserve to feel  good  and live life to the fullest and be happy :) Good luck on your journey.

Quoting lovelove211:

Given that your anxiety was so bad and this treatment worked for you, it's very hopeful to me. Thank you for suggesting this :) I'm going to look into it

Quoting krissy920:

Quoting lovelove211:

Quoting krissy920:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)