Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

our identities were stolen tuesday morning while update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 107 Replies
We were picking up some stuff at walmart i always carry my wallet with me i keep our socials together just incase something happens to us. I had my wallet and gave it to my daughter to hold so i could grab something up high off of a shelf well she set it in the front of the cart and i turned back around and my wallet was gone! I flipped out notified management and proceeded to call the bank and put a password on my account. I then called the social security office to have both of our socials flagged they flagged mine but couldn't flag my lil ones.

I went back to walmart yesterday and ended up telling off the assisstant manager because they refused to reveiw the tapes and allow me to look myself.

My credit sucks my daughters though wth she knows our lives are litterally stashed in that wallet.

This has never happend i'm scared i'm going to secretary of state today and telling them my info was stolen. I'm also calling the court house. Everybody is telling me call the cops but they just laid off quite a few cops in my area due to budget issues.

I'm in saginaw michigan and i'm so scared my daughters life will be ruined. Idk if they thought i had money in my wallet or what but i didn't.

Not sure whats going to happen but litterally my life id everything was in my wallet. My next step is getting my id back then i'll go in and cancel my bank account and open up a new one. Then i'll file with the ftc and freeze my daughters credit.

I'm litterally scared here you never think it could happen until it happens to you.

Update

I found my id and the other half of my original social security card can i still use my social if it's torn in half?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:38 AM
Wow
klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:39 AM
10 moms liked this
i know this is too late but you should never take your ss card with you in your wallet. you should call the police and file a report. your wallet was stolen. they can look at the cameras.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:40 AM
This is why you NEVER keep your ss# on you
katemckenzie
by Kate on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:40 AM
I'm near GR. We're close!
As long as you've flagged everyone's numbers, you should be fine.
MammaPaparazza
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this
They probably didn't find money then chucked the wallet. That's what most degenerates do. I would have checked the bathroom trash can
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Call the police. Who cares if they've had layoffs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:44 AM

When you get your stuff figured out, get those social security cards out of your wallet and in a safer place.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Well now you... Never have anyone's ssc in your wallet no matter what... It even tells you as per instructions on your ssc
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:46 AM
I'm sorry hun, odds are they are looking for quick cash rather than ss info. Notify all credit card companies asap and your bank but your average thief would have a hard time using those without being traced, caught on camera, or needing a pin. Odds are they were looking for cash though and you're just stuck with the incredible hassle of replacing and securing everything now.

If the store had checked the footage they could have caught the person then, what jerks! Did you call the police, maybe they could get access to the tapes?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:46 AM
Quoting MammaPaparazza:

They probably didn't find money then chucked the wallet. That's what most degenerates do. I would have checked the bathroom trash can

People like that sell ss cards online or to people who know how to recreate a persons identity and open accounts in their name... It's funny how they're capable of achieving such financial gain off of someone's credit but still refuse to get a job to support themselves..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)