Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How much do you spend on back to school?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:01 AM
  • 197 Replies
I have only spent about $35 so far for clothes. We are far from done though. She needs all new everything. She will be starting kindergarten!
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
With both girls, supplies and clothingand shoes about $1100.
my3littleboys
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I have spent $90 for school supplies and $110 book bags for two 5th graders. I still have to buy supplies for my 7th grader...clothes and shoes and a trumpet too!
cindilou13
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine are starting 1st & 3rd this year, I imagine their required supplies will be about $100-$150.  Book fees $70-$100 each.  As far as clothes/etc., they will each need a new pair of shoes, my DS grew a size since school got out and DD her last pair is literally falling apart. So probably about $600 altogehter including book fees and shoes.  

We won't buy much in the way of new clothes though until the fall when the weather changes...we start Aug 12 and it won't start getting cooloer till late Sept or October.  Most of their clothes from last year will still fit and I'm not going to get clothes just so they have new or different stuff, what they have is fine. Other than I think DS will need a couple pair of jeans and DD some new leggings for under skirts and dresses.  They both have birthdays in August and usually get some fall clothes so we always wait until later for clothes anyway, plus it helps spread the expense.

Angela_Barlow
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:12 AM
I'll have 3 in school. I'll spend around 300. on each.

Ritata
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Probably $150-$200. Our dd is starting Kindergarten. ToysRUs has a special, when you buy a backpack you get a free lunch bag, she needs shoes and all new clothes because she's had a growth spurt this summer.
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM

We spent $35 on supplies and thats all we will really need. His clothes all still fit just fine, he just had a birthday a little while ago and got some clothes, and one of my cousins just dropped off hand me downs, so he really won't need any back to school clothes. I do need to get him a new violin soon, he's growing out the one he has right now.

TrouserMouse
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

We spend about $200-300 per kid for some fresh clothes and a new pair of shoes. They do not get all new clothes to start out school though. We buy some new things in the summer and then some new things for fall.  Plus, school supplies which is about $50 each.  It is about $150 for the high school age kids because of the calculators though.  

Luckily, two of my children are through with school.  That just leaves 4 school aged children to buy for.

Monkeymama930
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:20 AM
I will probably spend about 500 this year for my room starting out. I should have lots left over from what I bought last year. I went to close out sales at the end of the year and stashed stuff.

My sons to young for school lol so none for him. :-) but I will pick him up some chalk, crayons, etc for his home classroom. While I'm at the store.

bayliesmommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:20 AM
This is what happened here!!

Quoting Ritata:

Probably $150-$200. Our dd is starting Kindergarten. ToysRUs has a special, when you buy a backpack you get a free lunch bag, she needs shoes and all new clothes because she's had a growth spurt this summer.
pinkfairy0206
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:21 AM
I have 3 kids going to school this september! My oldest daughter 10 1/2 6th grade,7 yr old 2nd and 5 yr old kindergarten. On 2 girls we spent over $100nthis yr probably close to $200
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)