Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you always back up your dh

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 223 Replies

Do you always back up your dh when it comes to the kids? Even if you don't agree with him? If he's wrong and the kids are right do you still defend your dh just to keep that unified front? 

Dh and the kids (teens) are having a disagreement. So far I've stayed out of it since the kids are right and I don't want to blatantly go against dh. Dh asked why I don't have anything to say so I told him that I believe the kids are right in this one. He says that I should keep that to myself but still defend his stance and stay unified. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meg0620
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:03 AM
I don't have teens, but I'm not sure if I could do that.
Sister.Menses
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:04 AM
16 moms liked this

Absolutely. We are a team. If I don't agree with him I'll talk to him later about it, but never in front of the kids. We are usually always on the same page.

funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:05 AM
5 moms liked this

No, if he's wrong I tell him. Maybe not in front of the kids but I do let him know that  I don't agree.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:05 AM

You don't think you could stay out of it or back him up? Sorry, its early here. I confuse easily in the morning lol

Quoting meg0620:

I don't have teens, but I'm not sure if I could do that.

2Sparrows4ever
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:05 AM
This

Quoting Sister.Menses:

Absolutely. We are a team. If I don't agree with him I'll talk to him later about it, but never in front of the kids. We are usually always on the same page.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:06 AM

You would look your kids in the face and tell them they're wrong and their father is right even though that's not what you actually believe?

Quoting Sister.Menses:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:07 AM

How would you act in front of the kids? Would you stay out of it or defend them? 

Quoting funlovinlady:

No, if he's wrong I tell him. Maybe not in front of the kids but I do let him know that  I don't agree.

Sister.Menses
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Oh, I dunno about that. My kids are 3 & 5. Carry on.

Quoting Anonymous:

You would look your kids in the face and tell them they're wrong and their father is right even though that's not what you actually believe?

Quoting Sister.Menses:

valkins
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I would only back him up if he's in the right, other than that no. I always try and be respectful and let him know outside our son, where I think he went wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Oh I would pay big money to have 3 & 5 back!!!! Wanna switch? 

Quoting Sister.Menses:

Oh, I dunno about that. My kids are 3 & 5. Carry on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Sister.Menses:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)