Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just because someone is SAHM doesn't mean they are a devoted mom

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM
  • 502 Replies
17 moms liked this

In my own personal experience, I have found both working and SAHM can suck, are lazy, shitty parenting, drug or alcohol abuse so forth.

I will say however, when I ran my program for over 20 years, it was the WORKING MOMS that found time to devote and volunteer time to time.... The SAHM were lazy and always had lame excuses.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:44 PM
41 moms liked this
Maybe your program was boring.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LectioDivina
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:45 PM
9 moms liked this

Hmm...

Different from my experiences.

I'm in quite a few social clubs made up of mostly stay at home moms and it's almost all charity work most of the time...

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:45 PM
3 moms liked this

if it was boring I doubt the working moms would have contributed (especially during show time help with costumes, hair, organizing, set  up, take down) ticket admission so forth.

Thats right the SAHM always claim they are too overwhelmed and BUSY while the WORKING MOMS are volunteering, working, tending to their own kids and the SAHM kids...

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Maybe your program was boring.

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:46 PM
10 moms liked this

What kind of program was it, if you don't mind?

Also, I'm a SAHM and sometimes I'm a little lazy.  I think I've earned it though, because for the previous 13 years I had no opportunity to just veg.  It's kina nice :)

LectioDivina
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:46 PM
14 moms liked this

Most of the pta is made up of stay at home mothers at my kids school also...

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:46 PM

well ya sure i mean i fyou join clubs that target SAHM you may see things from a different perspective. Just like if I joined clubs that target mostly college students or working moms or...

Quoting LectioDivina:

Hmm...

Different from my experiences.

I'm in quite a few social clubs made up of mostly stay at home moms and it's almost all charity work most of the time...

skittlefart
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah I've seen this as well. Hell it even is me a few days here and there. 

photo Skittlefart-vi_zps0eb53a97.png

photo f2458de1-4fbe-4187-979b-7d086a655ae3_zpsf7eb12ba.jpg
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Not in my town, they are working moms. The SAHM are generally volunteers running booths or whatever. The real leaders/directors are usually almost always WORKING moms

Quoting LectioDivina:

Most of the pta is made up of stay at home mothers at my kids school also...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:48 PM
6 moms liked this

This group is full of lazy sahms. They admit it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Right? My SIL calls herself a SAHM. What she is, is a drug addicted alcoholic who can't be bothered with little details, like getting her kid up, or feeding her. 

My niece is almost 11. The only reason she makes it to school is my MIL showing up to do it for her when she can. A usually misses about a month of "sick days" every year. It was worse when she was younger and couldn't do it herself. 

And what's worse is CPS has had an active open case since 2004 and has never done anything to remove her. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)