Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Serious question about the pull-out method!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

This is what my husband and I are currently doing. I realize it is not 100% effective and while we are not PLANNING to get pregnant again any time soon, we won't be upset if it does happen. So save me the lectures. lol.

I have been doing a lot of reading online about the pull-out method and how to do it "correctly." A lot of people say that if a man does not urinate between "sessions" that there will be leftover sperm in his urethra and it will come out with the pre-cum the next time he has sex and that can cause a pregnancy. What I want to know is this... Does it REALLY make a difference whether or not he urinates? We have only been doing the pull-out method for about a month but I had never heard that and he doesn't do it. We usually start out with me giving him oral and he'll finish in my mouth then we go straight to sex and usually have sex 2 or 3 times with no breaks or urinating in between. lol.

So in YOUR experience, does it really make any difference? I always figured as long as he pulls out in time it will be okay. I didn't know anything about the whole urinating in between thing. Obviously, this question is directed towards the ladies who have used this method.

If you got pregnant with the pull-out method, did your partner urinate between sessions? Same question for the ones who have used it and not gotten pregnant....  I am honestly curious because I am thinking I may need to start having him take a pee break after each orgasm. lol

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:03 PM

bump

chalisa0
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Here's the thing, it's not even close to 100% effective.  You're lucky if it's 50-50.  It doesn't matter if he pees or not.  It's just not a legitimate method of birth control.  Try condoms at least.

B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I come from the world's most fertile family...1 and every one of my kids, cousins, and cousin's kids (blood related females, at least) were conceived while the mothers were either on birth control or immediately after stopping, without any need for "trying." So idk if peeing between intimate times helps, but I know I have at least two cousins whose parents used the pullout method.

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

there can be sperm in precum whether or not he pees between sessions.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Over 14 years we have used it and it's worked great for us.

No clue on the pissin' first. Dh never does but ladies should always pee after :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I know that is what people have always thought but I have been reading a lot online about these new studies that have been done that show there is no sperm in pre-cum because it comes from a different area entirely. Pre-cum doesn't come from the testicles, which is where sperm is made. It comes from the Cowpers Gland. So according to these studies, there is no sperm in pre-cum UNLESS a man has not "cleared out" his urethra by urinating after ejaculation.

So that is basically why I made this post... to see what others' experiences have been as far as that goes.

Quoting RiotousDigits:

redneckmama4
by Loree on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Me too! We joke that all it took was to hang britches on the bed lol.

Quoting B1Bomber:

I come from the world's most fertile family...1 and every one of my kids, cousins, and cousin's kids (blood related females, at least) were conceived while the mothers were either on birth control or immediately after stopping, without any need for "trying." So idk if peeing between intimate times helps, but I know I have at least two cousins whose parents used the pullout method.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:12 PM
This.

Quoting RiotousDigits:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Face palm.
olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Not sure. We've been successfully using it for 2 1/2 years. And a year and a half before our son. We where not using the pull out method when I got pregnant.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured