Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Could you live with your mother in law?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 116 Replies

Poll

Question: Could you live with your in laws?

Options:

Heck yeah! My in laws are the bee's knees

I'd rather get a root canal with no pain meds!

If it was the only option, I guess.

I like cheese burgers (also known as 'other')

I have no in laws! yay me!

I have no in laws and it makes me sad :(

would rather get a root canal with no pain meds while jamming pencils in ears, gouging of the eyes, and having toemanils ripped off one by one with lemon soaked tweezers ( added by request)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 152

View Results

Mine plans to move in with us in a few months. She's in her early 50s, but doesn't handle money or her health well. She's unable to work, because she refuses to manage her diet and stress levels and can't get her blood sugar and blood pressure to where they need to be. She receives disability since she can't work, but spends it all on cigarettes and bingo. She will not be allowed to smoke in my home, or vehicle, or around my children. I feel like I'm just getting another child to take care of.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:53 PM

My MIL is now dead, so no LOL But yours sounds a lot like mine with the health problems, cigarettes, and bingo. My answer is no, I would have never lived with her but we don't ever want to live with anyone else, period.

team_porculoon
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Sure I could.  I'd have a harder time living with MY mother.  Don't get me wrong, I love my space with my husband and kids, but if the in laws had no where else to go, we'd never turn them away and we'd be just fine.

scoutfamilyof7
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I wouldn't live with my own mother let alone my mother in law.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I love my MIL, but I hate living with other people.

KGreen75
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Hell.NO.  I would put that bitch (my MIL) in a nursing home, if it came to that.

CrunchyCarol

No.

I have actually offered to let my MIL put a small house on our property so she would be closer to us (we could help her with yard & house maintenance easier), but she doesn't like where we live. No way could I have her in the house with me all day, every day without being stoned 24/7.

marihla

My MIL is pretty freaking cool. But ask my husband about my mother....

.Elena
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM

My MIL, yes.

My FIL, no.

Why she stays with him I have no idea. She's the nicest person ever, totally open minded, loves everyone. He's a hate-filled, war-loving, overzealous bigot one step away from the westboro baptist assholes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM

If you feel that way then why are you allowing her to move in with you

CjEmmemommy
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I would like to think that if she really needed us, I would be a good Christian woman and help her but I am talking death bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)