Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So I shouldn't be doing this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this
I still help my kids buy/make gifts for their dad, even though we're divorced. My mom told me that I shouldn't have anything to do with his gifts on Father's Day, his birthday etc... I feel like he's still my kids dad and who else will help them do this stuff?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WifeyMommy2011
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:16 PM
I'd be doing the same thing as you. I see nothing wrong with it.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:17 PM
3 moms liked this

Teaching your children how to be a bigger person and creating a bridge for them to easily access both parents at once and giving them a loving and stable bond with EACH parent?

Yeah, you're a fucking horrible mother.

fvmomof5
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I do that. He is their dad weather ur divorced or not...
hip2it
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:19 PM
I buy a card and have the kids sign it and usually do some kind of craft type gift. We are divorced, but he's still their father. It doesn't bother me to do it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I don't see anything wrong with it, it just shows you are a good mama.

My dad just paid for my moms funeral, they have been divorced for over 20 years and she was married to the man she cheated on him with. She would have been buried in a paupers grave because she had no money,but my dad stepped up. Having children with someone means a lifelong commitment even if you are not together anymore, they are forever and always a part of your life because you share children.

Anonandon
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this
So your mother wants you to be a petty child? Keep doing what you're doing. It's important for them to see.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:21 PM

My dad always made sure we either had money to buy a gift for a mom on special days or the materials to make something

My mom who made 4x as much as him never have us anything our any way to do gifts for my dad on special days...

It is still to this day an example I keep in my head of the difference in character of the two..... 

Yes, please make it possible for your children to do something/make something for their father on special days! It will stick with them that even though you aren't together you respected their relationship with their father!!!!

smurfbitebug
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:21 PM
There is nothing wrong with it. At all. There tends to be a common vindictive behavior about it with some BMs but that doesn't mean you have to buy into the bullshit and create trouble where there is no trouble. Good for you for being a decent person. I hope you recieve fair treatment in return.
SageAdvice
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Why do people act as though ex's can't be friends and do nice things for their ex's - he's the childrens father  - hell If I had an ex I would have bought him a gift from me too, since he's my childs father also.

LilliesValley
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:23 PM

I see nothing wrong with it. He's still the father of your children. They love him and want to do things for him. You're still the logical person to help them do things/make things for them. If he gets remarried then I'd say that role diminishes for you bc someone else is there to help take care of it. But for now, I don't see an issue with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)