Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I work in the criminal/traffic court..ask me anything

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
I work in fines/fees & bail.

We issue a hold on licenses and civil assessments..

I can prob tell you how to get things waived, or avoid getting your license held.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TinkTink205
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I got a speeding ticket this month.  I have been having a problem with my speedometer.  It drops to zero and stays there.  I borrowed money from my parents to get it fixed and had the mechanic write up my paper work.  I go to court Aug. 2.  Is there any chance I can get this dropped or at least not get points on my ins?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:32 PM

How many duputies hook up/are married to with the court workers?

TinkTink205
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:33 PM

BUMP!

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

The craziest thing someone has tried to do or offered you to get out of a ticket?

barneysaid
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:35 PM
My ticket balance went to collections and my licence is "restricted" what does that really mean? What happens if I get pulled over?
Mizz_Sassyfrass
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:39 PM
do you actually work with the judge in the courtroom? if so how the heck do you manage to keep a straight face and not bust out laughing?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:07 PM
If you show up, chances are the cop won't and it's dropped...

If the cop does show up and you can prove that you have a good shot.

Quoting TinkTink205:

I got a speeding ticket this month.  I have been having a problem with my speedometer.  It drops to zero and stays there.  I borrowed money from my parents to get it fixed and had the mechanic write up my paper work.  I go to court Aug. 2.  Is there any chance I can get this dropped or at least not get points on my ins?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Almost all if them, a few judges too.

Quoting Anonymous:

How many duputies hook up/are married to with the court workers?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:09 PM
I had one lady do some Scottish jig or something in my office, I sent her to the front of the court and told her come back when her hat is full of cash.

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

The craziest thing someone has tried to do or offered you to get out of a ticket?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:11 PM
In my court it means your license is "held" by the DMV and if you get pulled over you will get driving on a suspended license.

Once it's in collections it can't be pulled back without order from the judge.

My advice. If its held for a failure to pay there's a form at the court you can fill out (again at my court idk where you are) which basically requests that the judge vacates the civil charge of failing to pay and an abstract is sent to the DMV to release it.

Quoting barneysaid:

My ticket balance went to collections and my licence is "restricted" what does that really mean? What happens if I get pulled over?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)