Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i grew up on 8 mile b****es!!(yes that 8 mile) AMA!!! EDIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

8 mile as in DeeeeTroit

Marshall Mathers, kid rock all that jazz AMAEVERYONE

The metro detroit area is 3 counties a tri county area. yes it is easier for people to say i am from east or westside detroit the area is giant. much easier than saying roseville eastpointe, royal oak, almont, imlay city, trenton or brownstown, farmington hills, bevery hills, novi. yadda yadda yadda

THIS IS EXACTLY WHEN I JUST SAY I AM FROM DETROIT 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Replies (371-380):
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Too funny! Bet you partied with my sister there! How old are you? That house is still rockin! Lol :)

Quoting ccnstanczak:

yeah i think theres a dentist there. not when i lived there though it was an antique shop.  Once i got really wasted and passed out behind the hungry howies. its a big purple house with a huge porch. Wilson loved us. one of my dearest friends owns the house (not sure if he still does) but we would have keggers like almost every other night. so wilsons always got lots of businsess from us and he waas so nice. hed front me packs of cigs till i cashed my check there. lol. i actually met my ex there, right there on those steps of the house . i met my friend who later became my roomate-the owner when i would walk to wilsons throught the park in the middle of the night to wilsons, he would hang out on his porch and yell at the girls to come over, but i formally met him through a mutual friend.. and my friend introduced me to my ex. i lived on farnum between Curry and Troy in a tiny one bedroom house in the back of one of the rental houses. i loved royal oak. I would walk around in the middle of the night, walk to occ. into town, it felt safe and i was free and young and the best years of my life. ITs a great town.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Next to the dentist? 

Quoting ccnstanczak:

Theres a  big purple house on 11 across from Wilsons. lived there, great times, time of my life in RO. i lived all over RO from about 95-2003. its definatley different last time i passed through. My bro lives on Main.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

No shit?!? I'm back in RO, Lincoln and Campbell! 

Quoting ccnstanczak:

you are in RO? i lived right on Farnum down the street from Dondero. Then over at 11 mile. LOVED royal oak. im in Auburn Hills now but i grew up in B'ham.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Lol, didn't we all?!? ;)

Quoting ccnstanczak:

this post is cracking me up.

i used to buy pot at 8 and woodward. and also buy alcholol at "high six".

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Small world! Does Gasper own that one as well? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh wow. He might know my ex. He worked at Goch & Sons.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Omg! My X took me down that street, once!!! I am still scared! :/ he worked at B&T towing.

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Wha? No military street ?

rgba
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Um. I think you guys just went bankrupt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiasmommy27
by Sarah Sweetheart on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
amazing!!!
the schools are AWESOME! and there's so much for kids to do. lots and lots of parks. two splash pads within twenty mins of lake orion. lots of hills for sledding in the winter. I seriously love it there. omg and there's lakes EVERYWHERE. lol couldn't have asked for a better place to grow up. =))

Quoting LovemyQ:

Quoting sophiasmommy27:

lol I grew up in lake orion =)

I am thinking of moving to Lake Orion, Orion, or Rochester/Hills. What do you think of the area? For kids?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:39 AM

thats where i grew up, how it a trash hole?

Quoting Schauseil:

so you live in a trash hole? The things ppl are proud of amaze me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

6-10 pages back

Quoting gigis1:

Pics?

Famousglm714
by Gina on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Idk why I was anon, lol.

But as far as I know Mike Goch still owns it. They were huge competitors, lol.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Small world! Does Gasper own that one as well? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh wow. He might know my ex. He worked at Goch & Sons.

Quoting vegaswife2011:

Omg! My X took me down that street, once!!! I am still scared! :/ he worked at B&T towing.

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Wha? No military street ?

PISCIS29
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Have you ever seen that one pawn shop from trutv??? What's it called.... American Jewelers and loan or something with Les Seth and Ashley Gold????
sashamom03
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Quoting momofne:

ok i'm old. 1984.
Lisa
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:57 PM

And yet, now, Detroit has finally ran out of other people's money and declared bankruptcy. So, big deal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I'm sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured