Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you know what k2 is?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Aka spice and many other names I'm sure. Do you know what it is?

I didn't know til a few minutes ago. Man I've been disconnected. I have to keep up better.

I'll update what it is exactly in a bit.

ETA: ok we have a few replies so here we go. It's a drug. Supposedly a synthetic marijuana (but from my understanding not much like weed really) and it's much stronger, undetectable in drug tests (don't quote me there), and very dangerous. Google it and know it. I'm a believer in knowing what's out there so we're not blind sided by this stuff with our kids. Go do some research now that you know it exists. I think it started coming out like early 2000s.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Nope. It's a drug.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, my rollerblades were K2's but I imagine that's not what you are referring to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:26 PM
It's scary. I'm all for weed, but that is nothing like weed. I've seen so many people have bad trips on it. Worse than LSD or meth or any number of other drugs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:26 PM
It is damiana leaf with a chemecal called jwh-18 or it goes up in number. It is supposed to be stronger than mj.. It is not detectable in drug test..supposedly it is not for human consumptin it is a incense but if you smoke it the effects are often stronger than mj.
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:26 PM
I remember Miley doing it a couple years back. Its legal in some states. But, I think more dangerous than actual marijuana.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah. I didn't know I existed.

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

Isnt it synthetic marijuana?

highlandmum
by Spunky on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Thanks, I knew it was a drug, but no clue what exactly it is.

Quoting tddncw2010:

Its synthetic marijuana. Its often sold as popouri. Its a big drug inside prisons. Its dangerous stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:26 PM
That's what I was just reading. And it doesn't show up on drug tests? Although I think it can be found if looked for specifically. People having seizures and dead from just one hit.

Quoting tddncw2010:

Its synthetic marijuana. Its often sold as popouri. Its a big drug inside prisons. Its dangerous stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Unfortunately I know more than I ever wanted to about it. My husband tried it years ago in an attempt to smoke "legal weed" and formed an addiction. It turned him into a monster, they were some of the worst years of my life. His uncle also started using it and lost his mind, he had so many psychotic episodes that his wife left him. It is dangerous, so bad for you.

A former co-worker of mine was fired about a month ago for his behavior while using incense. He changed from a fairly normal man to a guy who shuffles instead of walks and just stares blankly into space. The company drug tested him but of course he always passed and had to be let go for other reasons (mainly because he is now a fucking vegetable on legs).

SnowWhieQueen
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:28 PM

fake weed....

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:28 PM

"Legal" marijuana depending on the state/local government.

It will fuck you up.

AprilDJC
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Yes I do. It's like fake marijuana. They take dried plant parts, add chemicals, and its smoked like marijuana. It's supposed to affect you like marijuana but because of the chemicals, people have a lot of different reactions. My brother in law used to smoke it. May still, I don't know, I don't let my kids stay around druggies. He got my dh (who is now my ex) to try it. Dh had never had drugs of any kind other than prescription. OMG I wanted to kill them both. Dh got so irritable, loud, cranky, forceful, demanding. I went to bed and didn't speak to him for a while.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)