Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you know what k2 is?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Aka spice and many other names I'm sure. Do you know what it is?

I didn't know til a few minutes ago. Man I've been disconnected. I have to keep up better.

I'll update what it is exactly in a bit.

ETA: ok we have a few replies so here we go. It's a drug. Supposedly a synthetic marijuana (but from my understanding not much like weed really) and it's much stronger, undetectable in drug tests (don't quote me there), and very dangerous. Google it and know it. I'm a believer in knowing what's out there so we're not blind sided by this stuff with our kids. Go do some research now that you know it exists. I think it started coming out like early 2000s.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:29 PM
I made it once- that is some nasty stuff. I didn't want it in my house- it was legal at the time, but a cop friend told us it wouldn't be for long- so my bil asked if he could have it. We mailed it to him. He was found dead 3 weeks later. Can't say the two are related but he was 34 and coroner cited complete organ failure.
monicas3w
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Yeah I know what it is. I found out last year my ex was arrested for dealing it. Even though it's technically not an illegal substance. He was let off with a slap on the wrist and he's still dealing.

darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Sadly I have to keep up on all the new drugs. I am an emt and its part of the job. 

The first time I had any experience with bath salts, was kinda funny. We responded to a call for a hand injury. A cop met us there. The entire family was kinda arguing over something stupid. Just back and forth and pretty much ignoring us. So we asked the cop if he knew what was going on and we were told they were using bath salts.  My partner was like " what a ignoring to do with them taking too many baths?"   The very next week we had a big training on spice and bath salts and meth. 

tddncw2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:30 PM
There is a test for k2 but its incredibly expensive to run. I know kansas department of corrections usually doesn't bother with it. I know for a while it was being sold in convienece stores here in kansas. They have now made it illegal. Its out there though they sell it under different namea and make it seem like its something else. Its says in the package "not for human consumption".

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what I was just reading. And it doesn't show up on drug tests? Although I think it can be found if looked for specifically. People having seizures and dead from just one hit.

Quoting tddncw2010:

Its synthetic marijuana. Its often sold as popouri. Its a big drug inside prisons. Its dangerous stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:31 PM
So is there an easy way for parents to stay up to date on the drugs that are new and the up and coming ones so to speak? I used to be close enough to drugs to know all this without being into all the real hard stuff. Now I have no idea. I need to research bath salts too. I know of them but no details really.

Quoting darcibeisheim:

Sadly I have to keep up on all the new drugs. I am an emt and its part of the job. 

The first time I had any experience with bath salts, was kinda funny. We responded to a call for a hand injury. A cop met us there. The entire family was kinda arguing over something stupid. Just back and forth and pretty much ignoring us. So we asked the cop if he knew what was going on and we were told they were using bath salts.  My partner was like " what a ignoring to do with them taking too many baths?"   The very next week we had a big training on spice and bath salts and meth. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:32 PM
You order the jwh-18 or higher number you mix it with aceton in a spray bottle. Spread damiana leaf in a even layer srpay that side with the mix let sit 30 min turn with spatula and spray other side let dry then roll ot up and smoke it like mj.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is damiana leaf with a chemecal called jwh-18 or it goes up in number. It is supposed to be stronger than mj.. It is not detectable in drug test..supposedly it is not for human consumptin it is a incense but if you smoke it the effects are often stronger than mj.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Any information or clues you can share? Like signs and warning that someone you know is making, using, or selling it?

I'm sorry you experienced that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I made it once- that is some nasty stuff. I didn't want it in my house- it was legal at the time, but a cop friend told us it wouldn't be for long- so my bil asked if he could have it. We mailed it to him. He was found dead 3 weeks later. Can't say the two are related but he was 34 and coroner cited complete organ failure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Yep. Its been around for awhile. That shit is bad for you.
twade26
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:36 PM

The only reason I knew is it was on the news hear a lot and is now illegal after a few people died. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Its a synthetic marijuana...

I've tried it a couple times and its way worse than marijuana, it causes hallucinations and it's wicked, wicked, wicked shit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN