Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you know what k2 is?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Aka spice and many other names I'm sure. Do you know what it is?

I didn't know til a few minutes ago. Man I've been disconnected. I have to keep up better.

I'll update what it is exactly in a bit.

ETA: ok we have a few replies so here we go. It's a drug. Supposedly a synthetic marijuana (but from my understanding not much like weed really) and it's much stronger, undetectable in drug tests (don't quote me there), and very dangerous. Google it and know it. I'm a believer in knowing what's out there so we're not blind sided by this stuff with our kids. Go do some research now that you know it exists. I think it started coming out like early 2000s.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Yeah. I was actually shocked to find out it's been around so long and I didn't know. I'm young. I didn't think I'd already be oblivious to drugs. But turns out I am. I had no clue this stuff was out there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep. Its been around for awhile. That shit is bad for you.

darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM

The new drug craze changs so quickly, it's hard for emergency personnel to stay up on them. I just heard on the news that heroin is making a comeback   

We get all our training on drugs from the local drugs task team, which many times the sessions are open to the public.  And most schools have a dare program that has helpful information. 

But the best advice is to know your child and question any sudden change in behavior or friends.  

Quoting Anonymous:

So is there an easy way for parents to stay up to date on the drugs that are new and the up and coming ones so to speak? I used to be close enough to drugs to know all this without being into all the real hard stuff. Now I have no idea. I need to research bath salts too. I know of them but no details really.

Quoting darcibeisheim:

Sadly I have to keep up on all the new drugs. I am an emt and its part of the job. 

The first time I had any experience with bath salts, was kinda funny. We responded to a call for a hand injury. A cop met us there. The entire family was kinda arguing over something stupid. Just back and forth and pretty much ignoring us. So we asked the cop if he knew what was going on and we were told they were using bath salts.  My partner was like " what a ignoring to do with them taking too many baths?"   The very next week we had a big training on spice and bath salts and meth. 

Periwinkle Awareness RibbonEsophageal Atresia Awareness

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:49 PM
I've had some neighbors that smoked it. People have ended up in the hospital smoking that crap. The stuff smells AWFUL. Kind of makes me gag. Pure chemicals.
And I don't know crap about those bath salts. People were friggin eating people on that shit. Scary stuff.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah. I was actually shocked to find out it's been around so long and I didn't know. I'm young. I didn't think I'd already be oblivious to drugs. But turns out I am. I had no clue this stuff was out there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep. Its been around for awhile. That shit is bad for you.

heavenlybliss19
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:51 PM

K2 is old news... don't smoke it unless you're up for dyin.  In most places, it's illegal.  None of our smoke shops even carry it anymore by any name.

mommieof3_752
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

. It is very much stronger then weed. My BFFs boyfriend smokes it and she is about to divorce him. I have seen him on it and its not good. He will be talking to you and his eyes just roll back in his head and then hes out for a good minute or so, then he just comes to and will start the sentence on the exact word he left off on.

My husbands younger brother tried the K2 when it first came out. He had to call an ambulance. He was laying in the yard and hardly breathing when we go there....finally the EMT got there and took him, he was fine but he scared the hell out of DH and I. 

They are trying to legalize it, but once they ban one active ingredient they just tweak the recipe al little and then its perfectly legal. It is much much worse then weed, it they cant ban this stuff all together then I would Rather them just legalize weed...I have never seen anyone be violent from weed, or crash cars, or anything other then giggling or eating..lol

The bath salts are really bad to. I dont know anyone stupid enough to try those, but that guy in Florida bit someones face off, so It cant be good. 

WannaBeMom2013
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:01 AM

The companies make it seem natural but its far from it. A lot of kids have gotten sick and yeah. it's just bad. I think they can search for it now in drug tests. And it's illegal. If not in all states, most states.They came out with k3 and that became illegal too. My ex used to do it, and would TRIP from it. It was crazy. He got horrible headaches when he came down from it too.

BabyFruit Ticker
2ArfarasMom
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Never heard of k2 or spice until I read this

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Well I'm glad I posted it. I don't have TV at home so I'm selective on what news articles I read and such. I have to try harder. But I'm at my aunt's and stayed up late watching a&e and saw a kid that had been smoking it because his mom was drug testing him for weed and this stuff doesn't show up.

Quoting 2ArfarasMom:

Never heard of k2 or spice until I read this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Its deadly
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Exactly what I've found out. I'd never smoke it. I'd smoke weed first. I used to smoke weed a lot. I don't now because of my kids and my job. But I'm not desperate to get high either.

But this kid on TV was saying its cheaper, stronger, and doesn't show up when his mom drug tests him so he saw it as a win win. He say there and watched his cousin have a seizure and end up in the hospital. Still smoking it. So stupid.

Quoting heavenlybliss19:

K2 is old news... don't smoke it unless you're up for dyin.  In most places, it's illegal.  None of our smoke shops even carry it anymore by any name.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)