Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you know what k2 is?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Aka spice and many other names I'm sure. Do you know what it is?

I didn't know til a few minutes ago. Man I've been disconnected. I have to keep up better.

I'll update what it is exactly in a bit.

ETA: ok we have a few replies so here we go. It's a drug. Supposedly a synthetic marijuana (but from my understanding not much like weed really) and it's much stronger, undetectable in drug tests (don't quote me there), and very dangerous. Google it and know it. I'm a believer in knowing what's out there so we're not blind sided by this stuff with our kids. Go do some research now that you know it exists. I think it started coming out like early 2000s.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Replies (51-54):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:03 AM
But how many teens don't care? They think it's a cheap and easy way to get high. Especially if their parents are drug testing them regularly. Doesn't seem worth it to me. But at 16 or 17 I may have tried it without really knowing anything about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its deadly

13579nlm
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:10 AM

it's very very dangerous. people die from it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jul. 19, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Yrs. It made news here about a year ago and is now illegal. I didn't know what it was prior to that though.
heavenlybliss19
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:04 PM

When it first came out, everyone believed it was sooo safe. Dh and I even were smoking it. Until the first kid died, then I quit after I heard how they died - quit breathing in their sleep.  The last time I smoked it, I freaked out and had told Dh, "What if I forget to breathe???  I can't take care of DD like this!"  He calmed me, got me to sleep promising he'd take care of her.  After that first kid died and we heard how, we quit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Exactly what I've found out. I'd never smoke it. I'd smoke weed first. I used to smoke weed a lot. I don't now because of my kids and my job. But I'm not desperate to get high either.

But this kid on TV was saying its cheaper, stronger, and doesn't show up when his mom drug tests him so he saw it as a win win. He say there and watched his cousin have a seizure and end up in the hospital. Still smoking it. So stupid.

Quoting heavenlybliss19:

K2 is old news... don't smoke it unless you're up for dyin.  In most places, it's illegal.  None of our smoke shops even carry it anymore by any name.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN